New System

Participant count
  • Participant list

GrumpyRSX

PW
A few questions on what I should do... I am new to audio systems. I currently have one Alpine PDX 1.1000 amp going to two Alpine SWR-10s that run at 500 RMS.

1.) Can I run this without buying an aftermarket headunit?

2.) What should I do to wire speakers if I replace them? Another Amp for them?

Thanks

You can run everything off the stock headunit, but it won't sound 1/2 as good as if you had an aftermarket headunit.

I'm not quite understanding your 2nd question.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

You can hook them up to your stock headunit, or an aftermarket. Most aftermarket headunits put out around 15w rms to four speakers.

To get the most out of your speakers however you're going to want to buy another amp specifically for them. But they'll be fine off of headunit power.

get an amp now and save your time. Any plans on getting aftermarket door speakers?
Yeah thats what i was talking about but I was not sure if I needed a separate amp to power them.

Also am I going to need anything to hook up the stock head unit? (low on money right now)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.