New system-help with HU choices

Thanks for all of the input, I decided to go with the x996 after weighing all of the options. While i am sure the 80PRS and 9400 have great SQ I don't think I would notice the huge difference coming from a stock deck in my 89 pickup compared to the kenwood lol. In end, I think i had to weigh in the fact that the kenwood gave me more of the features i was hoping to get. Plus, its seems to also be a great option by other on the forum. Now on to getting an amp and speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I'm currently in the same boat. How has your experience with the x996 been? I'm also considering the other units you mentioned, as well as the Sony XAV-64BT. The Sony seems to be a step back in the SQ compartment, but the screen is intriguing. Like you said, that price range allows for a top of the line single DIN or a mediocre double DIN.

I'm currently in the same boat. How has your experience with the x996 been? I'm also considering the other units you mentioned, as well as the Sony XAV-64BT. The Sony seems to be a step back in the SQ compartment, but the screen is intriguing. Like you said, that price range allows for a top of the line single DIN or a mediocre double DIN.
So far my experiences have been great from an CD output perspective. Tomorrow i will be setting up my phone for BT and will report back on ease of use as well as sound quality for both audio and phone calls. I have it paired with a set of CDT CL42 i just got and it sounds outstanding, which I have currently have running off the HU until i can get an amp.

The remote has a bit more response delay than i would like where holding down a volume control can result in jumping way higher or lower than intended due to the lag but i have adapted to that. Aesthetically, in my truck the light tends to hit the HU often making the screen harder to see so color selection is important but this may be a common battle no matter what i got. Build quality is excellent and have found no manufacturing flaws nor does it feel like i am holding a 10 cent paperweight.

I'll be interested to see how the android/pandora interface works out.
Paired with my D2G with no issues at all, Pandora sync with no issues. Station navigation and song choice is all controlled smoothly from the HU after sync, even displays my phone signal strength and battery life accurately. I have not messed too much yet with the android kenwood app but as far as Pandora is concerned it works as expected.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.