New System. Good deal?

Kebino

Hey guys, i'm not too knowledgable on car audio but I absolutely love music and my friend who manages a car audio shop owed me some favors and hooked me up with a system. The problem is I don't know much about it, so I don't know the pros and cons of my current setup.

What I got:

Two JVC CS-G1210 1200w 12" Subwoofers

https://www.amazon.com/JVC-CSG1210-12-Inch-Single-Subwoofer/dp/B00BDTXMFC

Pioneer AVH-280BT In-Dash DVD Receiver with 6.2" Display and Bluetooth

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-280BT-Receiver-Display-Bluetooth/dp/B017LKV8W0/ref=sr_1_1?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1469836042&sr=1-1&keywords=pioneer+280bt

Jvc KSAX201 Car Amplifier Single Channel With 500 Watts Peak

https://www.amazon.com/KSAX201-Amplifier-Single-Channel-Watts/dp/B00U83DQVE/ref=sr_1_1?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1469836088&sr=1-1&keywords=jvc+ks-ax201

Two Kenwood KFC-1665S 300-Watt 6.5-Inch 2-Way Sport Series Flush Mount Coaxial Speakers with Paper Tweeters, Set of 2. Making four total.

https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KFC-1665S-300-Watt-6-5-Inch-Speakers/dp/B00HZVHA1E/ref=sr_1_1?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1469836121&sr=1-1&keywords=kenwood+300w+speakers

Subs are in a ported box.

I was just wondering if all these components go well together, and if I should beware of anything.

Thanks for all the feedback! The deal was all of that for 600$ USD. Installation and everything.

It's a budget system. A lot of people on here will say do this or do that or it's crap. But, for a beginner system it's not bad. I would ask him if you can pony up for a 5 channel amplifier....

If it must be jvc https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BPEID4A/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469842055&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=jvc+5+channel&dpPl=1&dpID=417zr-d2j6L&ref=plSrch

What brands does he carry? Maybe point in a little better direction. It's not a bad deal coming from a shop though.

It's a budget system. A lot of people on here will say do this or do that or it's crap. But, for a beginner system it's not bad. I would ask him if you can pony up for a 5 channel amplifier....
If it must be jvc https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BPEID4A/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469842055&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=jvc+5+channel&dpPl=1&dpID=417zr-d2j6L&ref=plSrch

What brands does he carry? Maybe point in a little better direction. It's not a bad deal coming from a shop though.
Well the all of it was already installed, and you're very right that I am a definite begineer in car audio so I think it sounds amazing. My main concern was if all the parts go well together, I hear so much about subs being under powered, or over powered. I just want to make sure I can push this system without blowing something or anything like that. But when it comes time I can afford to upgrade, you think I should go for a better amp first? Also could you explain what a 5 channel amp would do for me? Thank you so much for the reply

Well the all of it was already installed, and you're very right that I am a definite begineer in car audio so I think it sounds amazing. My main concern was if all the parts go well together, I hear so much about subs being under powered, or over powered. I just want to make sure I can push this system without blowing something or anything like that. But when it comes time I can afford to upgrade, you think I should go for a better amp first? Also could you explain what a 5 channel amp would do for me? Thank you so much for the reply
actually you just need to add another 4 channel amp. Pretty sure your vocals are slightly drowned by the bass. More power to your speakers will bring out a lot more sound quality from them. However I dont think your kenwood speakers can handle that much more power at all though so i think you are okay where you are at.

You could swap the head unit to a pioneer 2800bs instead, ask him if he can do that. It'll be a few extra dollars but that head unit is 1000x better than your current 280bt. You'll be future proof head unit wise and you can tune it very well for magnificent sound quality. While your 280bt is rather depressing in the audio department.

A 5 channel amp is a 4 channel and a subwoofer amp all in one. No use swapping to one if you already have a sub amp. Unless you want to only do a single amp setup.

actually you just need to add another 4 channel amp. Pretty sure your vocals are slightly drowned by the bass. More power to your speakers will bring out a lot more sound quality from them. However I dont think your kenwood speakers can handle that much more power at all though so i think you are okay where you are at.
You could swap the head unit to a pioneer 2800bs instead, ask him if he can do that. It'll be a few extra dollars but that head unit is 1000x better than your current 280bt. You'll be future proof head unit wise and you can tune it very well for magnificent sound quality. While your 280bt is rather depressing in the audio department.

A 5 channel amp is a 4 channel and a subwoofer amp all in one. No use swapping to one if you already have a sub amp. Unless you want to only do a single amp setup.
The audio shop is back in california and I have already driven to washington. Thanks for that information, i'll keep that in mind if I go to upgrade it in the future. There are times where the bass is much louder than the vocals so you're definitely right on that. I don't believe they had that head unit in the shop, or atleast I didn't see it. I went to LA stereo for all this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.