New sub system in the S-10.

Ku-sama

Banned
Dover, PA
currently I have a single 8" Assassin on about 500W RMS.... it blows me the hell away....

so I have decided to upgrade to dual assassin 8's...

newbox.jpg

that's what I'm going with.... the plan is: one sub firing up, one firing on the side of the port, and the port facing the driver side of the cab with the box on the passenger side.....

discuss..

Firing everything in all different directions is not adviseable. In fact, you are best off (usually) when you can place all the drivers and ports on the same plane/face of the box, all firing the same way. Many times people fire the port(s) and the sub(s) different directions (such as a CRX box), but nobody fires the subs in independant directions too. I see no advantages.

Do 3 or 4 8's, you might as well take up the rest of the little room you got left. I was thinking about a setup with a few 8's too but I have to try out the few other options I have first.

Beerdrnker... you have an ext cab... why 8's?

i have the same truck and got 5 cubes on the drivers side of the trans hump and under the rear speaker line... annddd at an angle so i can lean back

Do 3 or 4 8's, you might as well take up the rest of the little room you got left. I was thinking about a setup with a few 8's too but I have to try out the few other options I have first.
expensive for right now :p

later I'm gonna put 2-4 DD 1508's in the Camry....

right now, with one asain ass, I have great SQ with the bass.

just not loud enough for me, even overpowering the **** thing...

but I figure, slightly bigger box with an L port, two 8 asses, 450W RMS to each should keep me at the same SQ, but a tad louder.....

two good reasons for a new box...

1: the one I have right now whistles from somewhere....

2: so I can post pics of a good build of mine so some people will actually want a box from me....

If you are after SQ (as well as loudness), do not fire your subs in different directions. That would lead to alot of problems. Would you fire one of your mids at your head and the other at the rear deck? No, you wouldn't. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The little box I built for the 2 IDQ10's I was running previously was up-firing with side firing ports, worked out pretty well for such a compact setup. Building my next box the same way, subs up ports to the side.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.