New Sub suggestions

jdunk54nl

Hey All,

I have been looking at decreasing the space that my current setup takes up in my trunk. Right now I have 2 jl 12w0 in a powerwedge sealed box. Dimensions of 33"w x 15"h x 15"d

I want to stick with a 12' subwoofer and was looking at the jl w3v3 (I know overpriced but I like the sq that jl has) I have listened to other brand subs at local shops and the w3v3 was the best sounding of them so far. I have about $350 to spend on a new sub/box combo. I would like to keep the output comparable to the 2 jl's that I have now. I just need more space in the trunk. Looking for something under 24" wide and 15" depth

I listen to rock/country/alternative/pop but mostly alternative and rock. I prefer sq vs spl.

What do you guys/girls suggest?

I've heard decent things about the digital design subwoofers. I will definitely look into those. The ascendant and dc I've never heard of. I wish I could listen to all three of these before I buy them. I like to let me ears do the selling but am willing to make an exception. I do like how little space the dc's need for boxes though. I've searched for reviews on them but came up with only a few. Any "legitimate" reviews that you know of? The reviews that I have found talk more about the spl of these subs not the sq. I am really interested more in sq compared to spl.

I've heard decent things about the digital design subwoofers. I will definitely look into those. The ascendant and dc I've never heard of. I wish I could listen to all three of these before I buy them. I like to let me ears do the selling but am willing to make an exception. I do like how little space the dc's need for boxes though. I've searched for reviews on them but came up with only a few. Any "legitimate" reviews that you know of? The reviews that I have found talk more about the spl of these subs not the sq. I am really interested more in sq compared to spl.
I used the 15" Version of the 1512, as well as a Digital Designs 1008. They both sounded great, the 1512 will definitely need to be ported, I had my 15 in a sealed enclosure at first and couldn't get it to sound right.

The 1515 is in the top 3 SQ subs I've owned.

1. Image Dynamics ID8V.3

2. Digital Designs 1515

3. Digital Designs 1008.

Based completely on sound quality, not SPL scores or volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.