Newb trying to figure out a good sub+amp+enclosure setup on a budget

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm sorry if i'm not posting in the right place?

I've been looking on sonicelectonix.com

So far I was looking at

dual Hifonics BRZ12D4 12" 600W RMS ($142-$71 each)

Power Acoustik D1-2000D ($120)

Sonic Sub Box: 2SBV12 (Gray) ($40)

I'm not even sure that the amp will power the subs properly?

I would like to spending about $100 less then that but I don't want to buy junk and still want to keep it loud

those subs are rated at 4ohms so what should i really be looking for in the amps when it comes to watts and ohms?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

They should work. I have 6.5s in my lower door to replace the 8" subs that came with my mustang. They are fantastic, and outperform the 6 x 8s...
I would add an ANL Fuse @the amplifier supply with its recommended 100 ANL fuse, and Keep the 120-150 @the Battery...
You may or may not like the sound of just dropping into the stock locations but loading into the glass is definitely going to cause some issues...
No need to bypass the amp. Most use an LOC that takes the full amped signal and turns it into a flat RCA level signal. Here is the newest I have...
i would not worry about the tweeters. They will never see anything above 20 watts before your ears bleed. your options with 4 channels would be...

About this thread

codyjpeterson

codyjpeterson
cape coral, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
dirtyunclerandy