New sub or new amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
I was thinking soundqubed components in all four stock locations
Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
then all you need is an alpine 153 bt, has good sound quality, time alignment, 9 band parametric EQ, the works. Just no active networks which doesn't apply to you.

then all you need is an alpine 153 bt, has good sound quality, time alignment, 9 band parametric EQ, the works. Just no active networks which doesn't apply to you.
Wont the 2v pre outs be a down fall?

Well then. This thread went from get a sub or amp? To HU and all new door speakers? What the budget again?
~$600. And yeah lol i already had an idea of door speakers then remembered my headunits not the best with only 2 2v rca pre outs still open to input on what i should do with the sub and amp

It tested 2.64 volts on my buddy's 153 bt. His gains werent that high to get proper output. The next one up is at 199 dollars, at that point might as well shell out 240 for a pioneer 80prs.
is there a noticable difference with higher voltage pre outs?

~$600. And yeah lol i already had an idea of door speakers then remembered my headunits not the best with only 2 2v rca pre outs still open to input on what i should do with the sub and amp
keep it and work on your mids and highs, mids and highs are more important IMO.

is there a noticable difference with higher voltage pre outs?
not much sound quality wise, just different gain settings that all.

keep it and work on your mids and highs, mids and highs are more important IMO.

no
Right now i have polk audio components in the rear and jvc coaxils in the front bridged on a pyramid 2 channel amp. Polks are in the rear cause my truck doesnt have door pannels right now

So cab you reccomend a head unit, 4 channel amp, and components in the $600 range? Lol
Find away to get the polks components up front, get a proper head unit for better sound quality, get a decent 4 channel, deaden your doors

time align, EQ and tune your speakers and you'll appreciate music 100x more. Your sub-stage should be fine for now. The mids and highs will enhance the substage by a good bit.

Should still have a few hundred left over.

Find away to get the polks components up front, get a proper head unit for better sound quality, get a decent 4 channel, deaden your doors
time align, EQ and tune your speakers and you'll appreciate music 100x more. Your sub-stage should be fine for now. The mids and highs will enhance the substage by a good bit.

Should still have a few hundred left over.
Think that alpine hu will be good? Can you reccomend a good 4 channel amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.