New SQ AMPS.

Ed Lester
10+ year member

SPL and Lights
Philly Pa
All I can say is wow!

T3 Audio is going back to its roots in SQ and is gonna debut some real kick azz amps soon.

Unfortunately I dont think I can get pics until SEMA.

But they will be small like the Arc Micro amps, and should have similar SQ to STEG.

All I can say is wow!T3 Audio is going back to its roots in SQ and is gonna debut some real kick azz amps soon.

Unfortunately I dont think I can get pics until SEMA.

But they will be small like the Arc Micro amps, and should have similar SQ to STEG.
interesting...

how so?

interesting...
how so?

I am not sure what the finished models will be like but I do know that they were working on a 12v to 24v converter because they found that running the amps off of 24v made the SQ reproduction incredible.

I am not sure what the finished models will be like but I do know that they were working on a 12v to 24v converter because they found that running the amps off of 24v made the SQ reproduction incredible.
What measurable properties of the amplifier changed to an audible degree by running the amplifier on 24V input as opposed to 12V?

What measurable properties of the amplifier changed to an audible degree by running the amplifier on 24V input as opposed to 12V?
I dont have full details but I believe damping factor and SN ratio were improved.

but I believe damping factor and SN ratio were improved.
It would make me a little worried in the capabilities of the engineers if they weren't able to do something as simple as keep DF & SNR below the audible threshold in a "standard" design, as so many others have been able to do successfully......

Aaaaand a heeeere we go again.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Hey, how bout an old crusty SQ amp vs the new SQ-tastic amps???!?! Huh? Huh? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

It would make me a little worried in the capabilities of the engineers if they weren't able to do something as simple as keep DF & SNR below the audible threshold in a "standard" design, as so many others have been able to do successfully......
I am sure they can keep DF And S/N at excellent levels in 12v but probably found a huge improvement when going to 24v. Why not take that advantage?

I do know that efficiency can be raised and current draw will go down letting the amp run much cooler.

I am not even sure the amps will be running off of 24v.

TO3...thats what all "sq" amps need. I just love them.....*shrug* 8v, 12v, 24v, hell even a 40V....just make it TO3 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Seriously though, why are there so few TO3 amps?

You mean to our horribly inefficient drivers (2% max, maybe) with 10x the level of magnitude in varying levels of harmonics?

I'm all about great sound and any means to achieve it, but when manufacturers try to sell this "SQ" nonsense and sonic superiority without the facts to back it up, I just love to rip them a new a-hole. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And no, you cannot hear damping factor. And if you think you have the ability to spot very low levels of THD, take the Klippel listening test....on your headphones...in your nice quiet house and see if you can get below 3%. Statistically, it's very difficult. Audibly, is next to impossible. In a car with a 60 dB noise floor, you're a fool to even think your ears are that 'good.'

Anyway, I'd love to see the actual, real world power they put out and the other features that would make a dude like me even remotely interested in it.

I am sure they can keep DF And S/N at excellent levels in 12v but probably found a huge improvement when going to 24v. Why not take that advantage?
If they were below the audible threshold in 12V, then what "huge improvement" was there to be had?

I do know that efficiency can be raised and current draw will go down letting the amp run much cooler.
Sure, the current running to the amplifier from the converter would be lowered (higher voltage = less current for a given wattage), but that doesn't necessarily mean there'll be less draw from the electrical system itself. Plus you would have to figure in the inefficiency of the converter itself.......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.