new speakers !!!!!

adam71
5,000+ posts

P9 = Ultimate SQ
Michigan
I just bought myself some new speakers for my home theater. I only bought a new front 3 (left & right mains and a center) but WOW did they make a difference. I listened to some Klipsch, Paradigm and some B&Ws in my price range (which wasn't much) and after a lot of extensive listening the Paradigm speakers were an easy winner. Not to mention the front 3 Paradigm I bought turned out to be about 400 cheaper than the B & W front 3 I was listening to. I have NO doubt that B & Ws higher lines (700 & up) are very nice speakers but the new 600s don't sound anywhere near as good as the 602 S3s I listened to last fall. They changed the design and even got a good review in "Absolute Sound" magazine but I really didn't like the sound. Much better detail in the vocals with the Paradigms. Anywho, these are the models I picked up.

Front mains

http://www.paradigm.com/en/paradigm/fronts-monitor-minimonitor-model-2-4-1-14.paradigm

Center channel

http://www.paradigm.com/en/paradigm/centers-monitor-cc190-model-3-4-1-6.paradigm

Somebody say HT speakers?

DSCN2146.jpg

Pix? and congrats I am also just running mains and a center with no surrouns lol
I don't own a camera, sorry. I AM running a full surround system. What I meant was that the only new speakers I bought were the front 3. I am running 2 pairs of Atlantic Technology surround speakers as well.

Awesome man! Let us know what you think after you get 100+ hours on them.

BTW, I think you are the first person I have ever seen say the liked the old S3 > S4...

How much did they cost and from where? I'm looking for some bookshelfs as well.
The Mini Monitors retail for around 400/pr. I got them and the cc-190 for less than 600. I bought them in South Bend.

****, is that a one time deal or that's how much the combo set was sold to you for? I wouldn't mind picking up some for that price! The new B&W 6 series was quoted 600$ for a pair.

****, is that a one time deal or that's how much the combo set was sold to you for? I wouldn't mind picking up some for that price! The new B&W 6 series was quoted 600$ for a pair.
Let's just say its nice to know people. Like I said the B&W speakers with matching center was about 400 dollars more. And in my opinion sounded inferior. So to answer your question I paid less than MSRP.

Let's just say its nice to know people. Like I said the B&W speakers with matching center was about 400 dollars more. And in my opinion sounded inferior. So to answer your question I paid less than MSRP.
Meh...

PAIR A DIJUM eh?
Cool.

nG

YEa... Pair A Dijum... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Meh...

YEa... Pair A Dijum... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

What?? Do you doubt the Paradigm can sound as good just because they sell for a little more than half the price of the B & Ws.?? I know you love B&W speakers and their upper lines are probably some of the best sounding speakers I've ever heard. But their new 600s don't sound that good to me, PERIOD.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.