New Speakers for 2006 Jetta

Participant count
  • Participant list

garto87

CT
Alright I'm trying to find new 3-way passive components for my front channel for my 2006 Jetta. I do not want to modify the doors or add kicks, I would prefer to use the stock location and just sound deaden everything and keep it all looking stock.

As you can see its not the most ideal locations for the speakers as the midbass is stuck up next to your leg but the midrange and tweeters aren't in such bad locations. The stock setup is a 1 inch tweeter, 4 inch mid, and 7 inch woofer. The mid has a max depth of just 40 mm and I don't want to cut any sheet metal for it. I will make mdf speaker rings for the woofer. Car doors will be dampened with RAAMmat BXT and ensolite.

I've looked at the Focal 165 VR3's but unfortunately I have not heard them. The only aftermarket speakers I have heard are Boston Acoustic Pro's on a sound board at my local shop. I liked their sound a lot. Seemed to be very smooth.

I've also been researching Dynaudio esotec 342's, Morels, and DLS.

I plan on running a JL amp, either 75 watts rms to the front or 150 watts, I will choose the amp based on the speakers. I want to keep the cost of speakers below $800, I plan on keeping the stock rear speakers for rear fill.I listen mostly to pop stuff and some Hip-hop, basically whatever is on the radio or good for parties. I also have a JL 10w1 sub in a small enclosure in the back for some extra bass.

The only other request I have is if you throw out some 3-ways to look at, please send me a link of where I can find them. I've had a hard time finding the best websites for this stuff.

The other option is building my own set with speakers from madisound and building my own crossovers but without measurement equipment I will have to rely on data from others, mean the crossover will be generic and not specific to my car.

Specifically the following components:

Seas Tweeter

HiVi Midrange

Dayton Woofer

I would just need to find someone who either builds crossovers or get plans for a generic 12 db or 6 db slope crossover. (The dayton is special as it needs as 12 db slope and notch filter, but the others I have no idea of)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.