New speakers buzz, help? Video included.

Participant count
  • Participant list

uriel250

CarAudio.com Recruit
Israel
I installed new Infinity Reference ex6532 in my truck. The Headunit is Blaupunkt 940. When turning on the engine, the headunit shows Blaupunkt logo then after a second making a 2 second buzz on right speaker then the same on left speaker. It ONLY happens 3 seconds after the engine is turned on. If I only turn on the headunit with engine off, it can work for hours without an issue - but it wasn't like that with the factory speakers. Where should I start to get rid of it?

Not sure about the quality of Blaupunkt head units after the 1980s. That said, does your car have some sort of built in amp? Does the blue (or blue/white) wire from the back of the head unit go to anything?

This should not be happening and I can't think of anything you did wrong in the install to cause this. It is likely equipment related but there may be a workaround if you can isolate the culprit.

Not sure about the quality of Blaupunkt head units after the 1980s. That said, does your car have some sort of built in amp? Does the blue (or blue/white) wire from the back of the head unit go to anything?

This should not be happening and I can't think of anything you did wrong in the install to cause this. It is likely equipment related but there may be a workaround if you can isolate the culprit.
Thanks for the reply.
I contacted someone locally here who install car audio equipment ... he told me it may have something to do with the truck LDWS (Lane Departure Warning System) that doesnt play nice with aftermarket speakers, so when the truck is turned on the system is doing kind of self-check (Buzz right speaker first, then the same on left) and since the speakers are not compitable with this system so it makes an audible buzz. What do you think?
I think I will just go to professional audio shop and tell them to re-wire the speakers and connect the speakers directly to the head unit.

Because now it goes - Headunit speaker cables go to -> LDWS -> and from LDWS system new cables to left and right speakers.

If you want to see specs of the Blaupunkt 940 you can check on Crutchfield.

I contacted someone locally here who install car audio equipment ... he told me it may have something to do with the truck LDWS (Lane Departure Warning System) that doesnt play nice with aftermarket speakers, so when the truck is turned on the system is doing kind of self-check (Buzz right speaker first, then the same on left) and since the speakers are not compitable with this system so it makes an audible buzz. What do you think?
Sounds logical. I honestly don't have any experience with those new "smart" "safety" type features but either way I'd bet bypassing factory amp/wiring and going direct from the head unit to the stock speaker locations should be a fix. Might not be a cheap job though as you need to pull a lot of trim plus the seats to run wires and often getting extra wire into door locations is a big job.
Before you go drop a bunch of money to re-wire everything you might try to call Crutchfield, explain this issue and ask if someone makes some sort of black-box type fix, ie. something you just wire in between head and speakers that filters or blocks that test tone. Seems the kind of problem that if it is somewhat common METRA or another install gear manufacturer will build a more plug and play solution to fix.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.