New setup.....not what I thought

BassFreq
10+ year member

I just put in some DLS UP6i's in my Trailblazer with a Rockford T600-4. Its 100w rms x4 and its not near as loud as I was expecting. The DLS will handle 150w. Are they not that loud because I need more power? They were running off of a P400.4 Fosgate amp which was 50x4 and were almost as loud as the new amp. Any help would be appreciated.

Don't know if you've read up, but a doubling in power does not = a doubling of loudness or even close to it. You doubled the power so you did enough to get the 3 db increase in loudness level that is the bare minimum necessary for the human ear to be able to even tell a difference. Try giving them all of 200 watts, bridge that sucker if you can and figure out some other way to run the rear fill. (I assume that's what the rear amp channels are being used for.

I recently bought new comps and went from 60 watts per channel in front to 140. Not a huge world of difference but enough that with some things that I used to need the volume at 26 - 28 out of 35 I can now be satisfied at 24-25.

My new rule#1: Find out how to get front components a little more power than the RMS rating, THEN worry about how to power any rear fill.

I just put in some DLS UP6i's in my Trailblazer with a Rockford T600-4. Its 100w rms x4 and its not near as loud as I was expecting. The DLS will handle 150w. Are they not that loud because I need more power? They were running off of a P400.4 Fosgate amp which was 50x4 and were almost as loud as the new amp. Any help would be appreciated.
I don't know if you heard but, the good Rockford Fosgate that everyone loved died about 7 years ago. Don't buy new Rockford Fosgate products.

I don't know if you heard but, the good Rockford Fosgate that everyone loved died about 7 years ago. Don't buy new Rockford Fosgate products.
He has a T6004 which is a very good amp. They were made in Tempe AZ and are way underrated.

BassFreq.... I would try and bridge the amp and see if that does anything.

I don't know if you've heard but their NEWEST stuff is back to the same quality as the old; I agree before this year they were crap but now theyre back!

I love the p400-4 and I own the bd1000.1 and it is so loud and clean!

those amps pack plenty of power so check your gains and settings. I had a t400-2 on a set of RF components and it was loud and clear. Also, it is EQ'd different than the punch amp so make sure you reset EQ settings on the deck

I bridged the amp but according to fosgate when the amp is bridged it makes 300w X2. My DLS say they will take 150rms. Am I going to fry these speakers fairly soon with that much power? They are nice and loud now at least. And I don't have the gain up very much, less than half.

100 rms isn't impressively loud for comps man. You give them 150 and you will be satisfied. I have 150 watt comps and feel the need to upgrade already, kind of. They still get **** loud though at 150 rms.

and yes, you will end up fvcking up your speakers giving them that much power.

Eh. I installed a pair of P3's (12") in my ex's car [if you want, look up the thread. It's full of lulz]. They were in a 3 cubed box @ 40 hz. It got loud off a poor electrical system.

100 rms isn't impressively loud for comps man. You give them 150 and you will be satisfied. I have 150 watt comps and feel the need to upgrade already, kind of. They still get **** loud though at 150 rms.
and yes, you will end up fvcking up your speakers giving them that much power.
RMS ratings have little too do w/ how loud a speaker is.

And NO you will not fvck up your speakers running them w/ headroom. Know how to set your amps settings & be careful w/ them & you'll be fine.

RMS ratings have little too do w/ how loud a speaker is.
And NO you will not fvck up your speakers running them w/ headroom. Know how to set your amps settings & be careful w/ them & you'll be fine.
i was assuming he was going to run the full 300 watts to them.

i would love to invite you to try out their T series line up of amps

i got to try out they're new stuff 2 years ago and it was full of punch

the new P500-2 played just as good as a T10001

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.