New setup ideas

Participant count
  • Participant list

sexyswede
10+ year member

Right now i'm running a pioneer head unit (4x40w)

and a pair of boston speakers.

It craps out when playing high volumes cause of the lows.

So i turn the bass off and play it as loud as i can stand it. It played without any distortion whatsoever. Thus, i have decided to buy just a simple subwoofer and matching amplifier.

I did my homework, and i've decided to get a good 12" Sub capable of around 250-350W. And a matching amplifier. Anything else would just be overkill for my purposes (cruising with the ladies, annoying people at stop lights)

Do you guys have any brand suggestions?

or do you think i should go with 2 10" subs?

I would like to stay under the 300$ range including box.

thanks

Before I upgraded, I ran the 450 watt sony explod's with a 300 watt amp. They hit nicely, and were perfect for CHILLIN IT. Good subs, get a decent mid-power amp.. and you'll hopefully be all smiles. The subs now go for about 99 a piece at your local best buy.

Price is highly determined by whether your buying online or at a retail place. You can get a JL Audio 12w0 for about $90 and a JBL 300.1 amp for about $145. That will be great together, but is out of your budget when priced at normal retail.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.