New setup critique please

Participant count
  • Participants list

killaakuma
10+ year member

my plain is to install this into a factory Bose system retaining the factory head unit. So I would like an amp that has signal source built in which this one has. I have always been a kicker fan I’ve owned many of their products and never had any issues. But I am not closed off to other ideas. I only want to add to what I have already nothing crazy just a little extra bass to an already pretty good sound system. But the factory speakers don’t make the level of bass I want. This setup is about 650$s any ideas on a better cheaper setup is appreciated. But I want quality that will last and take whatever I want to throw at it music wise. I’m looking for longevity, for a decent price with a good sound. Thanks for reading and the help.

my plain is to install this into a factory Bose system retaining the factory head unit. So I would like an amp that has signal source built in which this one has. I have always been a kicker fan I’ve owned many of their products and never had any issues. But I am not closed off to other ideas. I only want to add to what I have already nothing crazy just a little extra bass to an already pretty good sound system. But the factory speakers don’t make the level of bass I want. This setup is about 650$s any ideas on a better cheaper setup is appreciated. But I want quality that will last and take whatever I want to throw at it music wise. I’m looking for longevity, for a decent price with a good sound. Thanks for reading and the help.

So I could be wrong but you likely have factory equalization which leads to bass roll off that is design to protect the factory speakers. that said your going to have to get a complete and deequalized signal for your sub amplifier

So I could be wrong but you likely have factory equalization which leads to bass roll off that is design to protect the factory speakers. that said your going to have to get a complete and deequalized signal for your sub amplifier
The car comes with a sub already installed it’s small and not impressive. The whole factory setup is powered by a Bose amplifier, I will need to grab a signal before the factory amp. The factory amp is located in the trunk. So not sure if it has equalization before or after factory amp.

Also it may not be a complete signal before the factory amp so you may have to tap in after the factory amp. An lc2i module that corrects factory roll off and gives your rca outputs might be considered over that overpriced kicker amp. Not saying it’s a bad amp it’s just expensive for half bridge that accepts speaker level inputs

Also it may not be a complete signal before the factory amp so you may have to tap in after the factory amp. An lc2i module that corrects factory roll off and gives your rca outputs might be considered over that overpriced kicker amp. Not saying it’s a bad amp it’s just expensive for half bridge that accepts speaker level inputs
the lc2i's accubass doesnt correct anything its just a glorified bass boost. still trying to boost a signal that's not there in the first place. Can make for a lot of very low sound quality with your bass and easy clipping.

So recommendations on a better priced amp that fills my need? I am not changing the head unit out to make up for no rca output. When their is other alternatives. Remember this is a basic sub and amp I’m not going for crazy bass or show worthy just something casual that will last me. Even if I have to pay for a overpriced kicker amp.. unless their is an alternative lol.

The lc2i will is not a headunit and will give you Rca outs.

Taramps md1800 1 ohm will be at 1400 rms at 12.6v so you and you can keep your gains conservative or md1200 2 ohms and youll be at 1200 rms at 12.6. Either will be plenty and will offset any sort of box rise.

also a pioneer gmd9701 is halfbridge technology that would probably also get the job done

I know nothing about taramps other than what I have been able to find on forums everything sounds good. I have experience with other brands such as sundown so I know what to expect. Since I am going for just a sub wouldn’t this be more usefully in terms of my needs?

Taramp's BASS 1200 1 Ohm 1.2K Watts Class D Full Range Mono Amplifier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074KNTQ4N/?tag=caraudiocom-20

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.