Sanity Check

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am not an expert when it comes to car audio. However, if I have an AMP. I don’t just hook it directly to the speakers. It still needs the wire that comes from the car or the original speaker wire. I have tried wiring my car twice and it still doesn’t work properly. I have after market JBL 682CF. It’s diagram shows the cross amp having the woofer and tweeter wired to the top. The bottom wire is what goes to the original speaker wire… correct? Not working still… HELP please?!?!?

When I search JBL 682cf all I am seeing is Infinity Kappa 2 way 6x8" speakers with no external crossovers.

Do you have a picture or a link to the speakers you have?

With component speakers that box is the crossover. The tweeter and woofer will plug into the tweeter terminals and woofer terminals and then the input will be going to your amplifiers speaker outputs OR if you don't have an amplifier the stock speaker wires will go to the input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...