new plan for my trunk/ couple mockup pics

tank65
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well im just going to flip my box around so the subs are facing the back seat then take a slab of 3/4in. MDF and cut it out to it forms to the fit of my trunk. but after i secure that what should i use to fill the gaps between my car and the cover? i was thinking just alot of silicone and taping up the other side while its drying to it dont come out.

plan2.png

plan1.png

my subs wont be hittin the back of my seat because it has this rack that comes down at an angle so that will keep the box from slamming into the back of the seats

its not that i need help shaping it out but what could i use to seal the edges that would stick to metal and wood. im just asking that because the cuts arent going to be 100percent perfect lol especially for something like this.

Well the basic fabricating is done, all i have to do tomorrow is put my sub box back in ,run the wires, insert my 3 pieces for my wall sorta looks like this

_____

/......\ dont pay attention to the ....'s

secure all the pieces with L brackets, liquid nail the edges and fill the bigger gaps with that insulation/foam spray stuff, then carpet and im done. ill post up some pics when im completely done with it cuz ill borrow a cam off a friend

Where did you get your Autocad 2005? Those programs are expensive if you buy them.
I got mine for free for being an engineering student...that AND MathCAD AND MatLAB...they just threw out an easy $1000 on software...

be careful the foam. it really expands and gets everywhere. i suggest checking it occasionally as it dries so it doesn't get out of hand.

and Jebus, you get even cooler software when you get a job //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

why doesnt anyone bolt the box down and seal it from the trunk with dynamat??? it seals it off, and does **** your **** up as much as foam. if you ever have to remove it, just cut it at the seam where the box and metal meet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.