New into car audio scene (noob)

Well im back with more questions. . Sorry im a noob lol.. so i have been doing some research on subwoofers and i think im leaning towards the sundown z v.4 12s... i plan on getting two... but i was reading on the speakers and didnt understand what this meant.

" Due to the extremely low level of suspension induced distortion the typical "punchy" upper-bass peak in the 40s-60s Hz range that occurs with traditional woofers when pushed to high excursion does not occur. This "punch" is caused by a tightening of the suspension over stroke leading to increased FS and Qts figures -- in other words it is distortion. In simpler terms -- the Z v.4 series frequency response does not change much over it's full excursion range provided a consistant and flat response at any volume level. Once you experience and re-listen to all of your favorite music on a low distortion driver you are unlikely to go back!"

Can some one explain this in noob form lol?

I personally like some JL. I love slash amps and W6s. The W7 is a great SQ sub with output. It really is a unique sound, they did it right 10 years ago. Todays market with all the other advances its not worth more than $400 new. You will not get the same effect with a cheaper sub, even a nuthugged cheap sub. What you will get is possibly more output and a decent sounding sub. Now spend some money, $500-$600 per sub and you can get way more output and very close to the same response, all in the box. Now this added performance comes with a large cost. Large amp, 3000-5000 rms($600-1000), alternator upgrade($400-500), vehicle treatments because it will wreak the car($200+), Well built box($150+). You will get way more than a W7 will ever be capable of.
You said sundown is to specializedhat does that mean? Im thinking about z v.4 12s... are they any good?

1# Digital Designs. 1500 line and up are built to order with the proven best soft parts made in the US. Custom options also. Don't go by MSRP like most haters do and you will have haters. Dealer ONLY, a good one will drop the price a lot, a bad one will not. Haters will come out of the wood work. They hold records dating back to 1998, both SQ and SPL
#2 Sundown. Sundown has more blind nuthuggers than any other brand, its kind of pathetic at times. Gear is proven to be very good but the new Zv4 is to specialized. Amps are solid. What you will find with Sundown is underrated BUT cost the same as rated correctly stuff. They do very well in street beat formats but they are using a metric **** ton of drivers and power.

That will get you started, do your own research.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.