New Install, Sub Issue

element32d

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ohio
I recently purchased a 2006 Wrangler TJ which had a stock audio system still installed and needed replaced. Here's the following equipment I installed:

HeadUnit: Alpine UTE-73BT
Amp: Soundstream Picasso Nano PN5.640D
4 Speakers: Kicker 46CSC54
1 sub: Kicker 48CWRT672

I re-wired everything with 14 gauge speaker wire.

The issue I have is the speakers sound fine and as expected, but the sub is almost non-existent. I know it's working because I can see/feel it if I put my ear up to it, but it doesn't sound like there's a sub at all if i'm just seating in the drivers seat. The sub is located in the center console (where the factory sub used to be). I have a feeling something is wired wrong. I messed with crossover settings on the amp and HU, going to max and min levels on crossover frequency, bass boost dials, etc but nothing fixes the problem of the weak sub. I have it wired in series for a 4ohm load as seen below:

Let me know what you think could be the problem!

Thanks!

I messed with crossover settings on the amp and HU, going to max and min levels on crossover frequency, bass boost dials, etc but nothing fixes the problem of the weak sub. I have it wired in series for a 4ohm load as seen below:
With a 40 amp fuse I think you are only getting about 100 watts @4 Ohms on that sub. I would also not expect alot of output out of a 6.75" sub. Especially if it is in a box not built to it's specifications.

Ya... a 6.5 sub will prob just blend right in with the front stage with 100 watts rms @4 ohms.. But Deff check to make sure your amplifier settings are correct for sub duty. A single 6 on approx 250-300 rms would serve much better or add another 6.5 with more power

my sister has a Jeep, you need a real sub. 6" wont do much of anything in that vehicle

ps, not tryin to be an ass

Would wiring it to 1 ohm load help? I figured since the speakers were at 4 ohms, the sub has to be at 4 ohms.
Ive been in a WRX SQ vehicle with a false floor up front Aero ported on the passenger side that got down pretty good and you didnt realize the floor depth differences at all

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...