New install, no sound from speakers

lulimet

Hey everyone, new member here.

Recently I bought a Pioneer MVH-2300NEX head unit and today I attempted it to install it in my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee and had trouble with the install.

First the head unit was getting no power so I thought maybe the harness I bought for my car was bad so I went out and bought another one. Came home and same result, no power.

Then I thought maybe a dead head unit. I did another test where I connected the head unit directly to the car's battery and to my surprise it turned on and it seemed to be working.

I tried different combinations (even went out and bought another unit from Best Buy) but could not get power. Then I watched a youtube video where they had the red and yellow wires of the harness connected together so I gave that a try.

When I connect the red and yellow wires of the head unit's harness together with the red and yellow wires of the harness adapter of the Jeep the head unit turns on and everything works except that no sound comes from the speakers. I temporarily put back the stock radio and it works as it should so i don't know what is happening.

Maybe the amplifier section of the head unit (I don't use an external amp) shorted out?

I have done 5 or 6 installs before and never had any problems. I am puzzled by this one.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks in advance.

If you don't k now what your doing, I suggest taking it to someone that knows how to install it...before you blow something up or break it, or even burn it or ruin it.

After some more research it turns out that yes, my car has a factory amp. Which is weird to me because my Jeep is the base model.

Anyway, I ordered the expensive CAN Bus adapter which turns the amp on and off and does other things that the stock radio does. Connected it all together and evrything works as it should including sound from the speaker

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.