Enough power and what kind of speaker wire is best?

Just use the polk sr's. Don't add another random 10 to the mix the pioneer should be fine on those. I always run 0 gauge and reduce it at the amp. You could use 4 gauge if you would like.

1st don't mix subs

2nd assuming you have the correct coil configuration the 2 sr polls will work fine on that amp

3rd 4awg is minimum spec above 80amps of fusing. 1/0awg for anything over 150amps

4th don't cheap out on the wire get quality oxygen free copper (ofc) not copper clad aluminum (cca)

i have a 2400 watt mono amp.pioneer champion series gm-d9601 is it powerful enough to push 2 10inch sr polk audios in a ported box and a 10inch jbl gto? What guage wire should i use?
those amps test well (over 1200 rms @1ohm) and last very well., however they don't have subsonic filter so u need a box tuned around 32hz after subs so 40hz prefab woon't be your friend if u listen to rap.. if the subs are d4 ohm and u wire each at 2 ohm amp will see 1ohm load and u will get full power from it.. i use 12ga wire inside box (16-12ga easier to fit 2 wires in 1 terminal on sub than larger wire) amp needs at least 4 ga but 2 or 0 ga better., lots of peeps use 0ga welding wire which is about same size as 2 ga car audio wire but it's very tough wire.. no matter what wire u get make sure it say ofC (copper not cable)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.