New install: Need buying advice for Sound Deadening & Amp Kit

bocajoe

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2004 CRV that I want to upgrade the audio system. I am looking for a recommended QUALITY amplifier install kit for around 1000W.

I would also like to sound deaden the front doors, including lining the inside of the door skins to improve sound quality and would love brand recommendations to do 2 doors inside and out. I will be running Infinity Kappa 60.11CS 6.5" Component Speakers 2ohm that I have new in the box just sitting.

ANY advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

The attached PIC is the idea of the door skin lining I am referring to.
SoundDEADENdoorSKIN.jpg

I then would like to seal the doors like in the 2nd Pic.

Attachments

• SoundDEADENwholedoor.png
    SoundDEADENwholedoor.png
    454.1 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
sound deadening can get expensive. i'm curious to see what other people think of noico 80 mill butyl. it probably wouldnt work too well for competetion application but for 1000w it would do well. my mid bass improved dramatically.

its 67 bucks for 36 square feet. butyl aluminum no foam layer. if you just want to dampen vibrations it should stop most rattling and increase output.

noico also sells adhesive backed closed cell foam layers to roll on top of it if you want to dampen outside noise as well as vibration. i think its like 50 bucks for 36sq ft of the 150mm and 50 bucks for 20 sq ft of 315 mm foam.

I'm curious as well.

I've seen Noico, Kilmat & Dynamat as being some of the popular ones... but I'm open to what works best. I'm just not sure if it's preferred you use the same material for the inside and outside of the doors though.

Also want to get a quality amp install kit and I am a bit lost there too.

I'm curious as well.

I've seen Noico, Kilmat & Dynamat as being some of the popular ones... but I'm open to what works best. I'm just not sure if it's preferred you use the same material for the inside and outside of the doors though.

Also want to get a quality amp install kit and I am a bit lost there too.
I'm a bit new like you. so take my advice with a grain of salt. amps are one of those subjects thats hard to tell if you are getting a quality product. I just picked up a taramps smart 3 at popwarhomies suggestion and couldnt be happier. but its a 3,000 w amp. do you mean you need an amp and a kit? or just a kit? if QUALITY is what your after for wiring. I would suggest buying your wire (making sure it;s true OFC wire), fuse holder and some copper lugs for your gauge wire seperately. The copper lugs will give you a better ground than any of those kits. and speaker wire is stupid cheap you can just use that for remote. rca's are ten bucks on amazon and better quality than those kits too.

I would also ponder whether you think you will want to add anything to the system later. and if so. might as well pre wire it for that wattage now so you don't have to pull it all out later.

Very good advice, thank you.

Yes, just an amplifier install kit. I was looking at the build your own option by buying wires/parts separately. I guess I should probably go with 1/0 gauge wire in the event I would like more power.

Confusing trying to find true OFC wire as everybody claims there's is the best.

I was thinking of doing soundskins for the inner part of the door and around the backside of the door panel around the speaker grill. $100 for a 11cf roll of the Pro version. Anyone use it?

NVX makes deadener I also want to try

From the testing on DIYMA from 2013-2016 SDS CLD tiles were number 1 but they went out of business. Number two was Knukonceptz Kolossus. Dynamat Xtreme also ranked very highly.

As for wiring kit. Knukonceptz.

My go to has always been knuconceptz for deadner as its priced good and its thicker than most.

But go for the larger pack if possible.

As far as wiring use welding wire and for speaker wiring knuconceptz or sky high

My go to has always been knuconceptz for deadner as its priced good and its thicker than most.

But go for the larger pack if possible.

As far as wiring use welding wire and for speaker wiring knuconceptz or sky high

If you go with welding wire, buy 2/0. I go with 1/0 Sky High OFC power wire. Try to spend the little extra and buy all OFC wiring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.