New guy, just did my first (small) audio job

john9721

Hey guys, Im new here. I have been interested in audio stuff for a long time and when a got my first car (like a week ago) I decided to do a head unit swap. The stock was pretty bad, so I put in a JVC head unit and kept stock speakers for now, since they sound much better with the new radio. I will be doing speakers and subs eventually. Anyway, the vehicle is a 2004 F150 SuperCrew (was my dads) and I'm looking forward to upgrading more. Great forum you guys have and I'm looking forward to learning more!

Welcome guys! I'm fairly new to this forum but I've been a car audio enthusiast pretty much all my life. Well, since I was about 15 and I'll be forty five in a month so yeah, it's addicting.

Yeah I got into when I heard my first system when I was 15 yrs old. It was such a great system. The old school punch 12's and a old school punch amp. RF was so ****** back then! Anyhow got addicted and now I'm 31 and back into it. Took about 5 yrs off but I'm back. It really is addicting. You will find yourself always finding more to add/upgrade and your systems will sound better and better and better the more you learn. I'm just now learning to install myself. I used to have systems but always had a shop do it for me. This time only the box will be made for me. Everything else from installing my hu, comp set, amps, deadener etc will be done by me!

It's really addicting, and there's pretty much always more to learn, but it *****, as being 17 and not having rich parents, working at mcdonalds, and not having money for nice equipment. because as much as you read, experience and mistakes are the real teacher

i just got started 4 months ago and i already changed out my system two times already, it is very addictive. Do your research 1st and find out what you want, b/c it gets very expensive if you try to do cheap and then u figure out its very addictive then you try to buy expensive stuff, listen to the guys on here, trust me. and do a big 3 1st and use 4 or 1/0 gauge for power and grounds so you only do it once, i used 8 gauge 1st not knowing better, mistake. i would just go with 1/0 b/c u r going to want to upgrade.

and try to learn how to do it yourself to save you lots of money, my mistake was to have best buy install my amp and i already changed out the whole entire system in less than 2 months, i should have done it my self, since u did the HU urself u got the hard part out of the way, next installing the speakers, amp, big 3 and power/grounds are easy based on ur vehicle i guess

thats deff. what i reccomend too, dont go cheap saying youll upgrade later.. save up and get quality stuff, dont think you can just re sell it later, theres not too big of a resale value on audio equipment. unless you're trying to sell really nice equipment. at least in my area. ive probably wasted a good 1000$ on cheap crap thats sitting in my garage now

VERY addicting I was totally into it when i was in my twentys and got out and now i am 50 i just went to change out a HU in my truck about two months ago and now got 2500.1 and 750.4 and two tens and all the electrical upgrades lol and gettin rid of Kicker cvrs10s and gettin two tc sounds 12s and on and on and on and on lol knew i shouldnt have changed out the stock deck ha ha !! but there are much worse things to do with your time and money

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

john9721

john9721
Ankeny, IA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
ChaseinBass