New equipment means new ideas!

Pretty sharp looking amps man. Liked them from day one. Well everything except the big C on top with the wings or whatever they are. If that was gone they would be much nicer IMO but still great looking and i'm sure well built

Pretty sharp looking amps man. Liked them from day one. Well everything except the big C on top with the wings or whatever they are. If that was gone they would be much nicer IMO but still great looking and i'm sure well built
Thanks Man!

I am about to start building the box, and I am gonna take some more pics too

It always helps to have maybe 1 or 2 cocktails to help get constructive thoughts flowing, but don't attempt to drink while cutting! Do definately like the quality of them amps as well, great power too.

I like them in the step configuration so wiring and controls are consistent and accessible. when mounting multiple amps, think about wiring flow, strain relief, and organization, as well as control access. having them out from under the rear seat is ok, and you can build a ventilated beauty cover for them so they are normally hidden, but then you can display them at will. giving them an angle with larger in the back can let them both fit while allowing for ventilation. granted, these mounts are best if made from square tube steel and welded. not sure if that is possible for you.

I like them in the step configuration so wiring and controls are consistent and accessible. when mounting multiple amps, think about wiring flow, strain relief, and organization, as well as control access. having them out from under the rear seat is ok, and you can build a ventilated beauty cover for them so they are normally hidden, but then you can display them at will. giving them an angle with larger in the back can let them both fit while allowing for ventilation. granted, these mounts are best if made from square tube steel and welded. not sure if that is possible for you.
Thank you Sir for chiming in! I have been researching some of your SQ oriented information and this is where I got the "electrical flow" details from. I noticed I am going to have to change my main amp ground location to try and make as symmetrical of an electrical "circle" or circuit as possible to help me rid of some annoying noise problems. here is a link to the actual build log I started.:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/541605-josephs-sq-build-log.html

It is by no means as amazing as some of your SQ work, but I am learning a lot from this. I have been taking many notes lately, and it's starting to help me a lot. And thanks for the help you have given in the tech sections, it has helped me more than you could imagine!

I saw a truck like yours and he had i think 3 amps and he said the only place he could use was the roof. Don't remember what mag it was in. I remember he used a few supports once mounted he got some Plexi glass and had some great lookin stuff. But that's just an idea. I try and think outside the box get tired of the same ole set ups.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.