Aura RPM5350 RPM Stage 2 Mobile Amplifier 4x50W + 1x150W vs. (2) Aura RPM2150 RPM Sta

Participant count
  • Participant list

singleton
10+ year member

Bath, NC
I will be running a pair of front component speakers and one subwoofer.

Which would be the better amp for my needs:

A) Aura RPM5350 with 2x100w bridged for the components and 1x150w for the sub?

B) (2) Aura RPM2150 with one used for the components and the other bridged and used for the sub?

Not completely positive that the Aura RPM5320 can be bridged for the components in scenario "A" - even though it lists as bridgable on the website.

Would actually be cheaper and more power with scenario "A" - given the additional cost of a distributor.

What do you think? Anybody have any experience with these amps?

I love Aura RPM amps....I run a 2300 on my mids. Keeps up with any amp I've ever had...

have u decided on drivers yet? it'll be more helpful to know what kind of power u need and at what ohm loads...

Front Components: BA SC60 (would rather have the CDT HD61's but I need to budget for sound-deadening instead)

Subwoofer: Was planning on using my 8" stock (OEM) subwoofer (I believe it is a 2ohm but not sure) until I save enough money up for something like this: Audio RSS315HF-4 12" Reference HF Subwoofer 4 Ohm ($150) - only planning on using one and building a sealed box myself.

Do you think I will have any problem if my stock is a 2ohm instead of 4ohm? If so should I just get a temporary subwoofer like this: Pioneer TS-W303R 12" 1200W 4-Ohm SVC Champion Series Component Car Subwoofer Driver ($45) until I am saved up for the Dayton?

Your input is appreciated!

Front Components: BA SC60 (would rather have the CDT HD61's but I need to budget for sound-deadening instead)Subwoofer: Was planning on using my 8" stock (OEM) subwoofer (I believe it is a 2ohm but not sure) until I save enough money up for something like this: Audio RSS315HF-4 12" Reference HF Subwoofer 4 Ohm ($150) - only planning on using one and building a sealed box myself.

Do you think I will have any problem if my stock is a 2ohm instead of 4ohm? If so should I just get a temporary subwoofer like this: Pioneer TS-W303R 12" 1200W 4-Ohm SVC Champion Series Component Car Subwoofer Driver ($45) until I am saved up for the Dayton?

Your input is appreciated!
The amp is stable to 2 ohms on the sub channel so it won't be an issue. Also, if u bridge the amp to your fronts they will be getting 150 per side according to the ratings. But, these amps are underrated so probably a little more

I don't think it will be enough power for the Dayton once you upgrade though...Its rated 200 at 2 ohms to the sub channel IIRC...The 2150 bridged will not be enough either and the 2300's, which would have worked, are sold out...You may want to look into other amp options.....whats your budget? and do you want them to match?

Ok so if I put off purchasing the subwoofer and it's amp for now, what about this setup to allow for enough head room:

Front Components: ID CTX6.5CS ($160) - princ3cmo - I noticed your post and recent purchase

Amps: (2) Aura RPM2150 RPM ($80/EA) - each bridged to supply 225W at 4ohm to each component set

Subwoofer and Associated Amp: To be purchased later.

So instead maybe this:

Components: ID CTX6.5CS ($160) - rated at 100w RMS at 4 ohms

Amp: Aura RPM4200 RPM Stage 2 Mobile Amplifier 4x50W - Bridged so that I am supplying 100w X 2 at 4ohms

Even though the components are rated at 100w RMS? Is the headroom not necessary here or is that mainly on subwoofers?

Do I need the extra head room - if not it would be great to save the money on the BA GT2200 ($230)

So instead maybe this:
Components: ID CTX6.5CS ($160) - rated at 100w RMS at 4 ohms

Amp: Aura RPM4200 RPM Stage 2 Mobile Amplifier 4x50W - Bridged so that I am supplying 100w X 2 at 4ohms

Even though the components are rated at 100w RMS? Is the headroom not necessary here or is that mainly on subwoofers?

Do I need the extra head room - if not it would be great to save the money on the BA GT2200 ($230)
Headroom is nice to have but not necessary. Just make sure you set your gains correctly and you should be fine with 100 per side.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.