Rockford Power T1000-1BDCP mono amp for sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BlackHawk99
10+ year member

PA
I am thinking of going with a Rockford Fosgate Power T1000-1BDCP mono amp for a sub or two in a sealed enclosure. It's 700W x 1 @ 4-Ohms, 1000W x 1 @ 2-Ohms, 1000W x 1 @ 1-Ohm (RMS)

I can get this amp for less than $450.00 new. I have a 4 channel AB amp for my Focal 165 VB front components, a Rockford Power T600-4. 100 x 4 @ 4 ohms. Two channels are currently bridged (300 watts @ 4 ohm) to power a sub and I just don't have the volume I would like. I like SQL more than SPL. I would hate to add another AB amp for a sub only to find out it strains my electrical system too much. I think my stock alternator is 80 amp. I think the SQ factor is more about the sub and enclosure, not the class of amp when we are talking subs? Is this amp going to overpower my fronts or can something be done to balance things out? Turn the gain down on the mono amp? Input appreciated. Thank you.

I would say your electrical is near maxed out from the current draw of that t600-4. The 1000bdcp will draw up to 150a and do near 1500wrms @ 1 ohm. You would need to upgrade your alternator and/or add a high powered agm battery designed for car audio use.

What I would do is run 2 2ohm subs, because that amp is 2ohm stable in 2ch bridged mode. Then just add a smaller 2ch to power your mids. Consider porting your box too, that will give you more output and it will have just as good or better sq. Anyone who says you cant get good sq with a ported box doesn't know wtf they are talking about.

I would say your electrical is near maxed out from the current draw of that t600-4. The 1000bdcp will draw up to 150a and do near 1500wrms @ 1 ohm. You would need to upgrade your alternator and/or add a high powered agm battery designed for car audio use
Thanks for the reply! I have just slight head light dimming at times (not all the time) and I mean very very slight dimming with the T600-4. If I would get the T1000 for the sub(s) I would then only being using 2 channels from the T600-4 for the fronts. Two channels would be wasted. Would that lessen the electrical system strain? I thought this class D mono amp would be the ticket after reading they are very efficient. I would not run this amp at 1 ohm. I wouldn't take it below 2 ohm. Does that factor in and put less of a strain? Thanks buddy. BTW, I looked at my amp gains again and I was looking at the dial wrong. LOL! Thanks for your help with that as well!

If I go this route and I am forced to get a HO alternator are there any brands you recommend? What amp should I get? I wouldn't want to get one and find out it's not powerful enough for my situation. Thanks!

You could do a big 3 upgrade and get a real good main battery and that would be enough to run your t600-4 bridged for subs then another 2 channel for the mids. If you wanted to do more than that, the best way to go would be an ho alt. As far as companies go, it depends on the vehicle. I haven't had to upgrade my alt yet so I cant recommend any companies.

hmm your idea is for me to take the T600-4, bridge 2 channels 300 watts to 1 sub and then take the other 2 channels and bridged them to another sub and then get another amp for my fronts? Is my idea of getting the mono amp for subs, keeping the T600 for the fronts, and wasting 2 channels of it a bad idea? The car is a Toyota Camry.

Yes and if your are adding another amp you will get to at least upgrade the big 3 and your main battery.

Your idea is more expensive and is more of taking a giant leap rather than a gradual step. If money is not a problem then beef up the electrical system and get a powerful mono.

Yes and if your are adding another amp you will get to at least upgrade the big 3 and your main battery.
Your idea is more expensive and is more of taking a giant leap rather than a gradual step. If money is not a problem then beef up the electrical system and get a powerful mono.
Thanks man. True... purchasing that amp is a giant leap rather than a step, but I figured I would just get it over and done with. At less than $450.00 new I thought that amp was a fairly good deal. Other issue... if I go your route I would have two class AB amps... I figured that would be more of a strain on electrical than going with this particular class D amp and just two channels from the T600-4. No? Also the 2 channel amp I would go with is almost as much money as the T1000 price I got.

Well I said F it and pulled the trigger... ordered the amp new from an authorized dealer for $430.00 total cost. Oh I am sure some goof will come along and criticize it in some way... it's overpriced, you could have got a used one cheaper, Rockford *****, you could have built your own amp cheaper. LOL! Whatever. I got some advice that seems to be the same as what I've been reading... under 2,000 watts and I should be fine with the stock alternator. I'll say "should" since I guess I won't know for sure until it's in place. If not I did find some "direct fit" HO alternators on Ebay from BNR PARTS ALTERNATORS AND STARTERS...

140 amp : 160.00

160 amp : $170.00

200 amp: $220.00

+ $20.00 shipping

Has anyone ever dealt with BNR? They have excellent feedback. Just wondered.

4 gauge should be fine with this amp? Any help/tips are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Thats a great amp, but its current hungry. You will have to upgrade your big 3 wires and get a better main battery and unless you upgrade the alt you a significantly reduced life of the alt because its going to be running 100% to keep up with the current draw of the amp. If you don't upgrade at least the main battery, the alt will fail faster if its not a high output model.

How is it that I'm the only one commenting on this... I know it ***** helping noobs but its what keeps the place going.

Thats a great amp, but its current hungry. You will have to upgrade your big 3 wires and get a better main battery and unless you upgrade the alt you a significantly reduced life of the alt because its going to be running 100% to keep up with the current draw of the amp. If you don't upgrade at least the main battery, the alt will fail faster if its not a high output model.
How is it that I'm the only one commenting on this... I know it ***** helping noobs but its what keeps the place going.

Thanks Kushy! You are a big help! My current battery is this...

Interstate Megatron Plus

Product ID: MTP-24F

Amps: 1000

Cranking Amps: 1000

Cold Cranking Amps: 800

Voltage: 12

I don't know what the problem is with some people here. I noticed many are very immature, make rude comments, etc. They are better off not commenting. People need to keep in mind they too were once a "noob." Nah they would never do that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.