New Enclosure *pics*

No cutout.....sub is used and no cut comes with it.
Here is a good question should face the sub up or in the same direction of the port?

Going in a GMC Jimmy.
i'd say in the same direction as the port, and face the whole thing towards the rear, touching the back of the rear bench seat...

i'd point the whole thing to the back because in some SUV's upfiring = cancellation = less gooder...

Flip it over, trace it, take a ruler, measure the width of the flange and make another square inside the bigger one keeping that same distance all the way aroundThe corners dont need to be rounded.
OR

he can do as you suggested, but use two pencils attached to each other so that the distance between the points is the same as the width of the flange (i'm thinking popsicle stick + hot glue //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ) and use that to draw the radius accurately...

Go to Kicker.com and go to subwoofers. click on your specific size sub. Go to the enclosure specs and it will tell you the measurements to cut your hole out to. Good luck.

I know what sizethe cut out is supposedto be, just was under the impression I had to cut radius in the corners to make it fit right.

Thanks for the good words ppl.

if ur going to use an insigna amp just run the sub off of your hu then lol no just save up for a good amp

Has this ever occured to you?

Maybe I have a wife and 2 kids who need my support more than I need a huge name brand big power amp.....

If this hasn't occured too..... maybe you just don't your priorites in the correct order.

I'm sure the Insignia amp won't be the "best" but you know what I don't care and by the way this was a thread about an enclosure, so if you haven't anything to say about that.........STFU and GTFO!!!!!

Thanks for all the kind words, this is my first enclosure made from mdf, usually use particle board or plywood......I feel a flaming coming on....
lol....my current box is made out of 1/2" particle board:crap:

yes, half inch at that

new box tommarow ftw

Thanks, but if It won't make a difference I'm gonna straightcut it.
Easy FTW
Yeah I think I saw you mention that you would, but I thought I'd give you what you wanted to know just in case. I straight-cut my 12" l5 and it turned out fine, so you're "good to go."

Yeah I think I saw you mention that you would, but I thought I'd give you what you wanted to know just in case. I straight-cut my 12" l5 and it turned out fine, so you're "good to go."

Sweet I'm gonna cut the hole out tomorrow then and i'll add more pictures.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.