New classified rules?

Yes no?

• Total voters
is there a specific reason for the added new rules? the way i see it is a good/legit seller is going to go through the hassle and provide all this info anyway, most of the "scammers" are the ones that dont do all this stuff.

the way i see it these new rules might make it harder to spot scammers. when someone makes a shady FS thread with little info thats a clear indication for me not to even think about buying from them.

I'm legit so any rules that are made ill follow, just thought id give my .02 cents.

i think its fine the way it is for the most part. the only things i would think that would help a little is the minimum number of posts to list and maybe a ban for someone with repetitive negative feedback. oh and seller should give another means of contact besides the forum upon request. maybe deleting fs threads that are inactive for an X amount of days.

I think people should list the shipping method they will use. That way you know when your product will arrive. Also lets you know if you are getting a fair price including shipping and not paying average price and getting substandard shipping service/time (usps parcel post). Kind of ***** when you pay a good price and are used to a good ship company and you get stiffed with a week or week and a half ship time because somebody was cheap and went to the post office.

And I say no 24 hour warning on deletes...if people can't read a sticky before posting then fuk em. Also that would double the workload on the mods to have to look at each thread atleast twice.

The only thing I would add (which is a pet peeve of mine) is that sellers cannot say "If you're paying with Paypal, add 3%".
I feel the same way, make it a flat fee and that's it. If they want their 3% add it into the price before they post, and post the total.

I like the new rules, when they goin into effect?

Well firstly, I'm thinking from a moderation standpoint this will be a pain for you guys. The rules right now are actually relatively sufficient....they're just not followed and painstaking to enforce.
I'm in complete support of a more regulated classifieds system if everyone is willing to work with it. The only thing I would add (which is a pet peeve of mine) is that sellers cannot say "If you're paying with Paypal, add 3%".
WINRAR!!!

Can't even keep up with current rules. Not to mention we'll be deleting threads left and right...

nG

I vote No, we tried this on CAJ and even with the limited amount of classifieds there it was almost unenforcable. Also it kinda ***** to have to follow that format, maybe require those things to be posted in it, but not in that format...

Perhaps we can add the mods who were elected to police the classifieds.

I scan the classifieds everyday anyway....I wouldn't mind deleting them. I wouldn't "fix" them. Just delete them and send a PM with a link to the rukes.

Good Ideas have been presented. There should be a minimum post count before you are able to sell something, but it is up to the buyer to try their luck with noobs to the site.

Nothing is ever that great of a deal for me to buy from someone who has a post count of 1, unless I am paying in person.

We as browsers of the classifieds sections, need to really be weary of who we buy from. Just because you have a picture of someone's username with a product doesn't mean that you are the only one they are trying to sell that same item to.

Good Ideas have been presented. There should be a minimum post count before you are able to sell something, but it is up to the buyer to try their luck with noobs to the site.
Nothing is ever that great of a deal for me to buy from someone who has a post count of 1, unless I am paying in person.

We as browsers of the classifieds sections, need to really be weary of who we buy from. Just because you have a picture of someone's username with a product doesn't mean that you are the only one they are trying to sell that same item to.
I wish there was a way for us to "police" the classifieds further, but unfortunately we are doing all we can with what we are given. The admin wont limit the post count thread making...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...