New Car w/ pics

id keep the Subaru, theyre better cars
having owned both now, the build quality feels like I'm going from a civic to a Cadillac.

looks good! good switch
thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

having owned both now, the build quality feels like I'm going from a civic to a Cadillac.
thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
The interior may feel better in the VW, but like one has said I would trade in after warranty. VW group has GREAT engines, but past that everything else will break one after one.

I used to work a Budget rent a car location where we got all their service drive stuff.

If someone took their VW to get it serviced we put them in a rental car. And my best friend is also a Service Rep there, and he'll be the 1st to tell you the 100k mile extended warranty is a big waste of money..

Theirs so many loop holes in that extended warranty its retarded..

They are nice cars, but I'd never own a VW....he's told me so many horror stories about the Touraegs and the GTi's...

Nice car and good luck to you..

I used to work a Budget rent a car location where we got all their service drive stuff.
If someone took their VW to get it serviced we put them in a rental car. And my best friend is also a Service Rep there, and he'll be the 1st to tell you the 100k mile extended warranty is a big waste of money..

Theirs so many loop holes in that extended warranty its retarded..

They are nice cars, but I'd never own a VW....he's told me so many horror stories about the Touraegs and the GTi's...

Nice car and good luck to you..
I've actually had a great experience while having my audi (very similar service/warranty) serviced for endless check engine lights. They replaced every faulty part free of charge, and had the new a4 during service. I know what your friend means with the loopholes, but the drivetrain warranty is pretty straightforward. Horror stories happen with every manufacturer IMO but I didn't think GTI's are well known for being unreliable. I may be wrong, but being a member of http://www.golfmk5.com http://www.vwvortex.com http://www.audizine.com and others, I don't hear many problems with these cars, even WITH multiple mods. Thanks for the luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

VW group has GREAT engines, but past that everything else will break one after one.
You know from experience, statistics, or what you've been 'told'? I'm not trying to stick up for the brand like it's the almighty car and the greatest, I just don't think it's as bad as you make it seem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Maybe I overlooked this, but why would you/did you get rid of that beautiful Audi?
Either way, I love the GTi
Because I F'd up the engine with mods. Lol, I had it Stage II for about 5 months, put it back to stock mode and sold most of the mods. The car was just hurting after that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif so I sold it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

wgaede

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
wgaede
San Diego
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date