new car/ gonna try some SQ

what do you guys think...time for me to try active for the first time is it worth the extra effort?
I think you either get really happy going active or you pull your hair out and go back to passive. If you get the 7200 or 800prs or something else that's active capable you might as well use it and if you don't like it you can go back to passive. Raw drivers are pretty cheap and you can get them to sound really well or you can get the pioneer 720 passive set and try those both ways and see what you like best. Kicker and JL both also have 5ch. amps under $400. I bought my dad the kicker 5ch. with Pioneer rev components and an ID (lowest line) sub sealed in a 1.45c/ft box ($40 from sonicelectronix.com) and it sounds really good.

i could do a small box in the rear side quarter panel, i think the biggest drive you can get in there tho is
Plenty of drivers work in that airspace?

Try going active it should sound soooo much better that the RSD's. $90 components probably sound like $90 components, better than most but for a couple hundred you get great midbass and much better tweeters.

or a $300 hu and rainbow's for $450

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4828710#post4828710

If you want a solid Active set-up to play with that wont break the bank id say go with Mach 5 Mli 6.5s and Seas Neo tweets. Cant go wrong with that for less then 150 bucks. If you dont like it you can resell them pretty easy.

I think you either get really happy going active or you pull your hair out and go back to passive.
active aren't really all that hard as long as you know what the drivers are capable of. But of course it depends on who you are also, if you're a perfectionist/audiophile then you'll have a bit more trouble to try and get the staging right. I'm more of a whatever person and so my staging is not great, but my active setup is liveable for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

so should i get a nice head unit (double din), run passive with a sundown 100.4....or

get a decent active HU (single din) and run a 5 channel active?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dvrmstrng

5,000+ posts
dvrmstrng
DE
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from