New car audio company - c2 audio on the rise

Any word on how well the Threatcon 2 was taking the 1.2K? Did it get stinky/hot? Seem like it could take it daily? The Skar VVX's can take a clean 1-1.2K daily and they are 2.5" coils. Just curious on how this compares. Will be looking to buy some subs in late April and I'm considering these as well as the Skar VVX v2's. Power will be 2 VVME INNO-D1500's (AP15001D clones) strapped at 2 ohms (around 2.2-2.4K clean at 2 ohms). Thanks.

Any word on how well the Threatcon 2 was taking the 1.2K? Did it get stinky/hot? Seem like it could take it daily? The Skar VVX's can take a clean 1-1.2K daily and they are 2.5" coils. Just curious on how this compares. Will be looking to buy some subs in late April and I'm considering these as well as the Skar VVX v2's. Power will be 2 VVME INNO-D1500's (AP15001D clones) strapped at 2 ohms (around 2.2-2.4K clean at 2 ohms). Thanks.
At 12-1300 watts the woofer lasted about an hour. The voice didn't burn up, but the heat made the glue connecting the spider to the cone fail. This issue has been addressed in the build up but 1200 watts won't be recommende as daily use. However....there are going to be SPL versions of all C2 subwoofers so the SPL version will handle much higher wattage.

I'll be getting with Chris this weekend to get the informational Sticky Threads set up in the C2 Audio Sub Forum. So keep an eye out for those threads.

At 12-1300 watts the woofer lasted about an hour. The voice didn't burn up, but the heat made the glue connecting the spider to the cone fail. This issue has been addressed in the build up but 1200 watts won't be recommende as daily use. However....there are going to be SPL versions of all C2 subwoofers so the SPL version will handle much higher wattage.
I'll be getting with Chris this weekend to get the informational Sticky Threads set up in the C2 Audio Sub Forum. So keep an eye out for those threads.
That is actually pretty good, i doubt anybody runs them that hard for over an hour at a time

That is actually pretty good, i doubt anybody runs them that hard for over an hour at a time
I thought so too....these definitely take a pounding!!! And Chris has no problem testing his equipment until failure. I think he likes the smell of smoke!! Even though the THREATCON 2 failed with the glue around the spider/cone.

I did mention that to him.....what color C2 Audio Logo. I'd be getting a bright green to match my interior lighting. But who knows if he runs with it...he hasn't replied yet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.