New build!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

mgiara
10+ year member

Hi guys

My goal:

Slowly upgrade one aspect of my setup at a time, as money and time allow, starting with what will make the most noticeable improvement, to least

My equipment:

'13 Altima

2011 L7 15" (I want to replace this to reclaim space, increase power, and improve SQ)

Kinetic HC2400 wired in parallel with under-hood battery

What I would like:

-Big 3 and potentially an isolator

-New alternator (this doesn't exist afaik)

-Sound barrier and dampening (MLV, CCF, and CLD)

-Something to process the audio between the HU and the speakers for cleaner, more tuned SQ

-Upgrade the stock speakers for sq and power

-Amplify the door speakers

-Replace the sub

Where should I start?

Where should I start?
-Something to process the audio between the HU and the speakers for cleaner, more tuned SQ
I have been really impressed and extremely happy with JBL MS-8. This 8-channel automatic equalizer also has an 8-channel amplifier. You can power all of your stock speakers with it and it will really transform how they sound. We sell it for a competitive price, and as a bonus you can talk to me for tech support if needed, without playing the waiting game if you contact JBL tech support.

then -Sound barrier and dampening (MLV, CCF, and CLD)

It's not the fastest ordering process, but Sound Deadener Showdown has the best products and installation method for vibration damping and building up your noise barrier. I showed how to treat a pair of doors with closed cell foam and mass loaded vinyl in this article, Products Everyone Should Consider: Sound Damping Part 7. Your front doors would probably need the most focus, then the rear deck and trunk. This is a time consuming project, and while you're in the doors you should also replace the speakers. Unless your rear speakers are damaged you can leave them alone to save money.

The bass is not very difficult, as when you really want a good sounding, balanced sound system and you have a powerful equalizer the answer is simple: get a sub and put it in a good quality ported enclosure, then tune out the peak in the response to make it less boomy sounding.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.