New Build

Participant count
  • Participant list

bmk6795
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I'm starting a new build and I'm not really sure what i wanna do. Car is a 01 Civic coupe. Last build was a pair of C2 Threatcon 2s on an AT 1200.1. Want to get louder than that but I'm not sure how. Currently have stock 70 amp alt and a 75ah C&D batt, gonna get a smaller C&D batt for up front and put the bigger one in the back. Dont really wanna replace the alt yet as I dont plan on keeping the car to much longer, maybe 6 months. I can't really fit a box bigger than 5 cubes net. Pretty sure I'm gonna go with a vfl 4480 for the amp so 2200 watts is roughly what ill be pushing. I guess my main question is what do you guys think I should do substage wise? I'm thinking i can either fit a single 15 or another pair of 12s, but I don't know that either of these setups would be louder than my last. Anyone got any ideas?

You still need the electrical to back the power. The 4480 is pretty efficient but depending on what your looking for it may need help. Electrical wise But a single xfl 15 would be good ported into the trunk to

You still need the electrical to back the power. The 4480 is pretty efficient but depending on what your looking for it may need help. Electrical wise But a single xfl 15 would be good ported into the trunk to
I've ran a vfl 4480 on my electrical prior to getting the C&D batt, still had my small *** stock batt, and I was running it at 1800 watts not dropping below 13 volts. I considered an xfl but could it take all of the vfl 4480?

I've ran a vfl 4480 on my electrical prior to getting the C&D batt, still had my small *** stock batt, and I was running it at 1800 watts not dropping below 13 volts. I considered an xfl but could it take all of the vfl 4480?
It could take the 1800 if a clean signal

It could take the 1800 if a clean signal
Well im hoping after adding these couple batts I'll be able to run it full tilt. I'm actually thinking about just getting an 18 and putting it in a box that is to small for it until i get my new car and build a proper box for it.

Just came out a month ago. Yes as the other xfl subs 8^3 at 34 hertz
**** thats a big box. The 18 may not be the best of ideas yet. With an 18 i doubt I'd be able to fit a box bigger than 4 cubes cause it'd have to be at least 19" high and its not possible to fit a box that tall into the trunk. Not really sure what im gonna do just yet. Might do another pair of 12s and forward fire them and seal them off from the trunk. idk how that'd do though, with all my systems them have been the loudest rear firing, but i never sealed any of them off from the trunk. Been thinking about a pair of xfls, but I'm not sure yet.

**** thats a big box. The 18 may not be the best of ideas yet. With an 18 i doubt I'd be able to fit a box bigger than 4 cubes cause it'd have to be at least 19" high and its not possible to fit a box that tall into the trunk. Not really sure what im gonna do just yet. Might do another pair of 12s and forward fire them and seal them off from the trunk. idk how that'd do though, with all my systems them have been the loudest rear firing, but i never sealed any of them off from the trunk. Been thinking about a pair of xfls, but I'm not sure yet.
15 in 4^3 ported

take a look at the below video. He is running two 15's on a NS1. They work well in 5 cubic feet internal including port and sub displacement. Recommended power is 1,800 watts per driver. They run $355 shipped

15 in 4^3 ported
Hmm, I'm considering a pair of DC lvl 3 15s, I could fit about 6.25 cubes net if i up fire the subs/ports using areo ports. I know up firing isnt usually optimal but thats a lot of cone area in a trunk. That and I've done it before and there wasnt mcuh of a difference between up firing and rear firing. How many/how big aero ports would you suggest for a pair of 15s? In the box i modeled i used 2 6" giving me 9 sq in of port area per cubic foot. Lemme know what you think.

2. 6" ports isn't enough unless they are really long. I'd go with 4 of them at shorter lengths
Aight I'll take a look and see what i can come up with next time i get back to my laptop. i think 4 6 will fit and still give the volume i need.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.