New Box Look Good?

KJThaDon
10+ year member

What's up everyone I posted this thread http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/545107-how-does-seem.html on a new box I was having made and wanted to show you all the finished job. It is for 3 12" CVX

So my old box wasn't performing to what I thought it should have.

Here are the old box specs and new ones, with pictures.

Old Box - Prefab/Unknown Tuning

Width: 40"

Height: 16"

Depth: 20"

Old Ports (3)

Width: 11.25"

Height: 1.75"

Depth: 15" (Has a L port ? The L comes out 7.25")

New Box - Tuned @ 34Hz

Width: 42.25"

Height: 16.25"

Depth: 27"

New Ports (3)

Width: 13"

Height: 2"

Depth: 20.25" (Straight back)

Let me know what you think?

New/Old

IMG_1349.jpg

Old

IMG_1355.jpg

New

IMG_1356.jpg

Looks like its gonna be much better..i like it..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Idk what your amp tuning is, but keep the bass boost down to 0 and only change the gain. Also, what amp do you have powering them? If you don't have enough power, it won't really make a difference from box to box.

Idk what your amp tuning is, but keep the bass boost down to 0 and only change the gain. Also, what amp do you have powering them? If you don't have enough power, it won't really make a difference from box to box.
Thank you bass boost is at 0, it's the aq2200

Bigger box doesn't always mean it will be louder. My current box is louder than my old one by 3 db and I went down in CF and up in port area..My current enclosure is for two Havoc 12s and it is 3.5 cubes net with 21 inches of port per cube (it's a 146.3 @ 53hz)..........My other box was 4 cubes net with 16 inches of port per cube ( done a 143 @ 53hz)...........same amp ....same tuning freq......... every application is different though.......good luck

Bigger box doesn't always mean it will be louder. My current box is louder than my old one by 3 db and I went down in CF and up in port area..My current enclosure is for two Havoc 12s and it is 3.5 cubes net with 21 inches of port per cube (it's a 146.3 @ 53hz)..........My other box was 4 cubes net with 16 inches of port per cube ( done a 143 @ 53hz)...........same amp ....same tuning freq......... every application is different though.......good luck
Thank you but my old box was way under specs. it was like 1 cube per sub when it is recommended at 2.25. I'm not sure what it could be..Nothing has changed besides the box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

The other thing it could be is most PRE FABS are tuned in the 40s which is naturally going to be louder to the ear than a 34hz tune.......Most prefabs are built to get loud but sound like POOP on music!!!!!

The other thing it could be is most PRE FABS are tuned in the 40s which is naturally going to be louder to the ear than a 34hz tune.......Most prefabs are built to get loud but sound like POOP on music!!!!!
Thank you I was thinking about that but the difference is just too much to seem right. It's like I have to turn the volume up twice as much to get the same affect as the old one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.