New box for two 15s

atoz2

Senior VIP Member
So I am designing a new box for my two DSS ethos 15s and just wondering if what I have will work

W:41in

D: 22in

h:23.25

Port

H:21in

w:6in

L: 40in

Does this sound alright ?? Am I crazy?? Will probably be bracing with threaded rod. Building material will be 3/4in mdf double baffle on top. Subs up port back toward hatch and will be on a vfl 175.1 at .5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow...that port length is pretty long. What's the tuning?

If you can spend a little more $$ on material, might I suggest 3/4" birch ply. Lighter than MDF.

So smaller port and smaller box?

No, keep same dimensions, change port thats all.

Here's your old one.

1EcTrC.jpg

Now here's the newer one that I suggested.

tHa4lx.jpg

actually after displacement, he barely has any airspace left.
So the design will work?? I'm looking for like 28hz tuning

Edit: okay read the whole post. I think I'll go with your design Jeff!

So the design will work?? I'm looking for like 28hz tuning Edit: okay read the whole post. I think I'll go with your design Jeff!

You can do 28hz if you want more lows. Im just showing you possibilities, you can do whatever design you want, just download torres box calc.

You can do 28hz if you want more lows. Im just showing you possibilities, you can do whatever design you want, just download torres box calc.
My current box is tuned to like 32 but each sub has like 3.3 cf before sub displacement.

dss recommends 75sq inches of port are and 3.4 cubes for their 15. kinda crazy but its what they say. I have 2 12s in a 3.5 cube box with 65 sq inches port area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.