New Audiopipe apcl1500.1d making buzzing/static noise

Madwelderlupe

I have a day old audiopipe apcl1500.1d running 2 12" precision power D4ohmVC @1ohm.

-Also have an autotek 2channel for the mids and highs

-both amps are split with a DB,30A fuse for the autotek/80A fuse for the audiopipe

- a 250A fuse by the battery terminals

-scosche 500k capacitor(yes i know its a cheap one)

My question is what could be causing my amp,yes the amp, not speakers to make a faint buzzing/static noise that you can hear when you are close to the amp. You can hear the noise everytime the bass hits, besides this the sound waves from the subs are coming out pretty clean and sound good.

I happened to notice the sounds as i was adjusting the gain levels(i have it about 1/4 of the way) and it just seems strange to me.

Could it be that the amp isnt getting enought voltage? I havent had a chance to upgrade my stock alternator.My car is a 98 honda civic coupe with a size 51r battery

I would guess the fan

My biddies 1500 echos on the box really loud at times and he hits the amp and it stops

:rofl:

Try turning the volume down slightly and see if it goes away

I have a day old audiopipe apcl1500.1d running 2 12" precision power D4ohmVC @1ohm.-Also have an autotek 2channel for the mids and highs

-both amps are split with a DB,30A fuse for the autotek/80A fuse for the audiopipe

My question is what could be causing my amp,yes the amp, not speakers to make a faint buzzing/static noise that you can hear when you are close to the amp. You can hear the noise everytime the bass hits, besides this the sound waves from the subs are coming out pretty clean and sound good.

I happened to notice the sounds as i was adjusting the gain levels(i have it about 1/4 of the way) and it just seems strange to me.

Could it be that the amp isnt getting enought voltage? I havent had a chance to upgrade my stock alternator.My car is a 98 honda civic coupe with a size 51r battery
Its the fan I had the same amp. Got rid of it cuz I couldn't stand the noise

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

I have a day old audiopipe apcl1500.1d running 2 12" precision power D4ohmVC @1ohm.-Also have an autotek 2channel for the mids and highs

That's easy... every amp I ever owned if u turn the gain up to a certain point the amp start making a buzzing noise... if u have an o scope or DD-1 it's when the amp clips it makes that buzzing noise... so you are for sure clipping

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.