new amp now tweeters wont work?????

Participant count
  • Participant list

matt.gtr360

oz
Hi all.... I just replaced my old sony 4 channel amp with a new Audiobahn 4 channel but now my tweeters wont work... I put the old amp back in and they fired back up, so I put the new one back in and still no go again.. the old sony had no hi/low filter but the new Audiobahn one does... Could thes have something to do with it.

The amp is controlling the 2 rear rockfords aswell as the 2 front infinity cappas & tweeters.. I dont understand why everything runs sweet with the cheap old sony but the tweeters dont run with the new Audiobahn...... Any help would be great... cheers guys...

The cross overs have a 0db-?db switch on them. Sorry i cant remember what the db range is. I have flicked it back and forth but it did nothing. The amp has low/high/full - on low I dont really get any sound, High and full both produce sound but still nothing at the tweeter. I have played around with levels but doesnt fix it.

actually flicking the crossover from 0db to ?db changed the sound coming out of the doors a bit but did nothing to help the tweeters...

Yeah checked everything twice. Tried every combination of setting that I can, Still no go. Pissed off, just cant see why they would not work.

bbeljefe::::: } The tweeters have crossover but I have no capacitors within the whole set-up...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.