home depot deadener

SMS
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MA
anyone know what the name of/department that the "fake" deadener that the home improvment stores carry? its a thin alumiunum with an adhesive- just like real deadner but no bulty. just something that will make my trunk look clean without the $150 of kno knoise or what ever. trunk has already been deadened well but with 3 different brands and looks rather ghetto.

thanks

anyone know what the name of/department that the "fake" deadener that the home improvment stores carry? its a thin alumiunum with an adhesive- just like real deadner but no bulty. just something that will make my trunk look clean without the $150 of kno knoise or what ever. trunk has already been deadened well but with 3 different brands and looks rather ghetto.thanks
peel and seal ..roofing.section and its asphault based crap that will smell and let loose ..if it.worked well we would.all use it

peel and seal ..roofing.section and its asphault based crap that will smell and let loose ..if it.worked well we would.all use it
thanks, not really looking for it to work well, just for looks but if it dont stick then its rather useless.

Best to just go there and wander around. I used some stuff to patch up the roof on my shithouse last week that was rubberized asphault on foil backing, that should work fine. Seems the brand they carry changes often, but there's always something that'll do the job more or less.

I don't know if all these kids remember in the olden days ALL deadener was asphalt, and I'd wager that apart from the smell for a few days they function more or less the same.

For the record, I've had more issues with premium deadener failing to stick than the stuff I've grabbed at a big-box home improvement store.

Flex Seal or Plasti Dip is an easy to use spray on coating that deadens well. Also, Hard Cast aluminum duct tape has a thick layer of mastic in it and it will stick to just about anything. The only problem with it is that it's not very wide. However, when deadening small panels, you don't need something that's very wide.

I deadened the outside panels of my doors with Flex Seal and they don't make a sound. For the inside, I used Hard Cast.

I test ed the Peel a seal in the oven vs Knoknoise and Dyna. The Peel and seal melted at a much lower temp (i think it was around 160-180F) and was smelly the other to were good until around the 300f with minimal smell.

I would not use Peel and seal in hot climates or Dark colored cars. It can get over 180f on many car surfaces in hot climates.

Flex Seal or Plasti Dip is an easy to use spray on coating that deadens well. Also, Hard Cast aluminum duct tape has a thick layer of mastic in it and it will stick to just about anything. The only problem with it is that it's not very wide. However, when deadening small panels, you don't need something that's very wide.
I deadened the outside panels of my doors with Flex Seal and they don't make a sound. For the inside, I used Hard Cast.
................... Flex Seal huh?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.