New amp not big enough for Kicker L7?

Currently just an l7 10 the sony amp sony CDX-GT630UI HU Kicker 4 gague wire. Stock speakers for now. Switching to kicker next month.
If you do some serious research by next month you will change your mind about kicker and everything else in your setup.

Wire that amp correctly, set the gain correctly and you should be able to get by until you can upgrade to better equipment.

If you do some serious research by next month you will change your mind about kicker and everything else in your setup.
Wire that amp correctly, set the gain correctly and you should be able to get by until you can upgrade to better equipment.
What would you suggest?

either way you fail. your cheap crap amp does max power at 2ohms which you can't even achieve since u didn't use patience and buy the correct subwoofer. in no way possible did you wait and do aything correct. and then u went back there messing with all the settings...even more fail
next time use some patience and ask the forum before wasting money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif have a great day...and your dad shud have known to at least research some. complete fail
Aw come on now. He tried & messed up. Now he can work on the fix.

I see that amp puts out 330W RMS into a 4 ohm load, so you can still use it but it won't be quite what you were hoping for. You need to swap out the amp or the sub, whichever you choose, and make their impedances match.

I love my kicker ss components! with 100 or more per side the midbass comes alive. also the kicker sub isn't bad stuff. id suggest buying a amp off here. I bought a awesome little budget (bought for my dad) amp off here that wud fit your needs 100% for 50 shipped. just do some research and you will see where u messed up. we all have messed up before. if you got any other questions feel free to PM me.

if you had the money to waste you wouldn't have bought that crappy amp to begin with....newb comebacks....try harder ***
Ok, let's see, you're 23. I'm 17. You've been doing this for ___ years, I've been doing it for less than 1. see. Now, you're 6 years older than me, lets see you climb a rope 30 feet straight up in 13 seconds. See, I've been working at that for longer than you have and I'm good at that, I'm not good at this yet, YOU ARE.

Wow, you waited 10 minutes before replying again. good job. there is a thing called patience, USE IT.
Oh snap got owned by the noob. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Oh snap got owned by the noob. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
and steve from RD owned you:confused://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Ok, let's see, you're 23. I'm 17. You've been doing this for ___ years, I've been doing it for less than 1. see. Now, you're 6 years older than me, lets see you climb a rope 30 feet straight up in 13 seconds. See, I've been working at that for longer than you have and I'm good at that, I'm not good at this yet, YOU ARE.
maybe you need to stick to climbing ropes cuz ur system *****

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.