New amp not big enough for Kicker L7?

Uhrin
10+ year member

The Cake is a LIE!!!!!
I have just gotten a new setup for my 2000 Subaru Forester:

1 Kicker L7 dual 2ohm 10" (600 rms)

1 Sony XM-ZZR3301 (2 ohms: 600 watts x 1 chan)

When I turn up the music on my head unit, the sub turns off, but the amp stays on and the fuses aren't blown. When I turn up the amp gain, the fuses blow. This is confusing because I just got this working tuesday and had very good/loud sound Wednesday and Thursday, but last night, when I was turning up the amp gain to max, I blew the fuses. I got new ones from Auto Zone (don't ask why, dad's idea) and my dad wanted to get the ones with the little LED indicator on it. Could this be my problem or do I need a different amp?

that is because either your subwoofer is wired to 1ohm which is wrong for that amplifier or its wired to 4ohms so its only sending the sub half the power. you matched them wrong. if you would have bought the dual 4 kicker L7 instead of the dual 2 it would work fine.

I have just gotten a new setup for my 2000 Subaru Forester:1 Kicker L7 dual 2ohm 10" (600 rms)

1 Sony XM-ZZR3301 (2 ohms: 600 watts x 1 chan)

When I turn up the music on my head unit, the sub turns off, but the amp stays on and the fuses aren't blown. When I turn up the amp gain, the fuses blow. This is confusing because I just got this working tuesday and had very good/loud sound Wednesday and Thursday, but last night, when I was turning up the amp gain to max, I blew the fuses. I got new ones from Auto Zone (don't ask why, dad's idea) and my dad wanted to get the ones with the little LED indicator on it. Could this be my problem or do I need a different amp?
first problem

second problem

third problem is you have no clue what youre doing but you still go back there turning things up and down for no reason. youve probably messed up the amp.

Wow, you waited 10 minutes before replying again. good job. there is a thing called patience, USE IT.
should have used your patience and waited to post on the form before messing with your gains and ruining that cheap amp you got //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif newb

Curious as to what else your system consists of? HU, wiring, Mids/highs, electrical, ect.
Currently just an l7 10 the sony amp sony CDX-GT630UI HU Kicker 4 gague wire. Stock speakers for now. Switching to kicker next month.

either way you fail. your cheap crap amp does max power at 2ohms which you can't even achieve since u didn't use patience and buy the correct subwoofer. in no way possible did you wait and do aything correct. and then u went back there messing with all the settings...even more fail

next time use some patience and ask the forum before wasting money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif have a great day...and your dad shud have known to at least research some. complete fail

either way you fail. your cheap crap amp does max power at 2ohms which you can't even achieve since u didn't use patience and buy the correct subwoofer. in no way possible did you wait and do aything correct. and then u went back there messing with all the settings...even more fail
next time use some patience and ask the forum before wasting money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif have a great day...and your dad shud have known to at least research some. complete fail
at least I have to money to waist!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.