New Amp Different sound?

sjorge214

CarAudio.com Newbie
This is finna be long lmao but im having trouble with my system so i used to run a memphis m6 with a kicker cxa.800.1 with an epicenter and system sounded perfect but I decided I wanted a lil bit more so I upgraded the amp to a skar 1200.1 and it bangs harder just that bass seems to roll off at certain notes so i used an audio test tone where it
went from 20-120 hz nd i realized that with the epicenter hooked up that at 50-60 hz there was almost no bass ive tried messing with everything but no luck and another thing that when i turn the epicenter knob all the way down i get almost no bass
Just wanna see what y’all recommend i do or if im just being dumb nd completely missed something

I’m running a 1200 watt skar and it puts out decent power. Not the best amp but the power seems clean. This sounds like a sound processing/crossover problem more than the amplifier. Do you have your LPF crossover set at 120 HZ? Do you have the LPF set in more than one location?

If you have an EQ somewhere with a band turned way down maybe? To have an issue right in the middle of the passband but not above or below is odd.
All i have is the lc2i, epicenter, amp and the subs
I tried messing with the phone epicenter knobs but I believe that they are broken because no matter which way i turn it, it doesn’t make a difference

I just tried it without the epicenter And it sounds perfectly fine i tried adjusting the hz level on the epicenter and it doesn’t adjust anything
All i have is the lc2i, epicenter, amp and the subs
I tried messing with the phone epicenter knobs but I believe that they are broken because no matter which way i turn it, it doesn’t make a difference
Problem solved. No more Epicenter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...