New Amp and sub magnets getting super hot

Better check your final Ohm load on those subs, and figure out the specs on the minimum ohm load on that amp,or say good bye to one or the other or both

Amp specs state 1 ohm min load with 4ga supply with 60amp fuse.Make sure your subs are not sitting below a 1 ohm load,Bass Boost OFF,Loud buttons/levels OFF.Check coils on ea sub,.Whats your electrical like???You have enough supply to push that amp correctly?Big 3 done?AGM battery/1or 2? Stock alt or high amp alt?What size is your supply wiring to amp from source/battery?Pics of settings on amp/what subs are you using and ohm load/rms factor.More info needed/Pics

All stock electrical. 95a alt. I read if its 1500rms or under u don't need to upgrade batts and alts??? I'll get pics tonight. Subs are kicker cvr, 4ohm DVC 400rms each. 4gauge ofc, I have an 80a fuse in it. I was wondering, can I Bluetooth a test tone thru my iPhone and set the gain like that?

All stock electrical. 95a alt. I read if its 1500rms or under u don't need to upgrade batts and alts??? I'll get pics tonight. Subs are kicker cvr, 4ohm DVC 400rms each. 4gauge ofc, I have an 80a fuse in it. I was wondering, can I Bluetooth a test tone thru my iPhone and set the gain like that?
You can, but check that your device has all eq settings flat and get a true 40hz 0db test tone.

Iphones tent to clip the signal at full volume on device volume so when testing leave the iphone bluetooth volume at 95% or less or else burn a cd with the mp3.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

complete and utter clipping. Pull out a Digital multi-meter and monitor voltages. Every car is different with its electrical system so probably yours cannot handle the current amp. Or the shop fucked up your gain settings.

imagejpeg_0_5_zpsee5nap0w.jpg.html

It's not letting me post a pic. My gain/sensitivity is half way up, subsonic and bass all the way down. Frequency is a quarter up (freq range is 30-300). Phase at 0

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.