New alternator..help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

anders1127
10+ year member

I had a 120 amp alternator in my 2012 Jeep Patriot, stock battery and stock alt obviously, powering a hifonics BRX 1100.1d powering a Sundown SA-15 in a 6 cubic ft box tuned to 32 hz, it burned out my alternator over time and it went out today, so I ordered the highest output made for Patriots, 140 amp. Do you guys think that'll be enough or what else should I do? I already had the big 3 as well. Suggestions or thoughts are much appreciated because I honestly am lost on this one. Connections were tight and everything.

I couldn't find any custom rebuilt H/O alts for my model and I don't have much money to have a company custom build one right now. Well not completely, I only played my music with the engine running and driving around, never once with only the battery on.

I had a custom one built by mike singer. He has great customer service nice prices and i have yet to hear or read a complaint about a singer alt. Well i take that back one complaint i heard was a user error he took the pulley off that mike sent on the unit and put the stock one back on causing the alt to not turn on at low rpms. I paid 449 for a large case 6 phase hairpin the first of that kind he made and it puts out plenty more then the 250 amps he rated it at.

I only had like 200 or so to spend, in the near future I want to get two v.3 15's with probably a sundown 2500, I'll definitely need to look into that singer alt..

Update: I got the new 140 in barely, the chassis of the car makes it nearly impossible to change it, especially if I got anything bigger, problem is fixed and the amp is getting plenty of power just from a 20 amp increase.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.