Northeast Region NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
so are you going by 4ohm rating on amps or what people think they can do because the way the classes are it just opens up ways to cheat really.
It's be on the rms rated power. I've always hated going by 4 ohm ratings for power classes. That way really opens it up for cheating and having an unfair advantage, the DD M3 is a big example. That amp puts out well over 3000 watts yet fits into a class for 600 watts and under, thats hardly fair for anyone just starting out.

Steve, definately make sure that Audio team member aren't allowed in Ameteur Classes.... Wasn't sure if that was in the rules? Hopefully things will work out for 2010.....

If I allow 3K-5K in the Amateur 3 class then anyone that shows up with that much power will only be able to compete in NESPL events as an Amateur. If they attempt to get into the Rookie classes of TNESPL they'll be in the higher classes. If I keep it at 2K for the Amateur classes then they'll also be able to compete in the TNESPL Rookie classes. My plans are to run an equal number of events next season between NESPL and TNESPL, so keeping the power limits pretty close will allow the same competitors to compete in both orgs Rookie classes without having to change out amps.
For the 2009 season nobody in the Stock classes came anywhere close to a 155, TJ was the highest with a 151 and Dave Lenheman with a 152.
UH... Chris...154?

If I allow 3K-5K in the Amateur 3 class then anyone that shows up with that much power will only be able to compete in NESPL events as an Amateur. If they attempt to get into the Rookie classes of TNESPL they'll be in the higher classes. If I keep it at 2K for the Amateur classes then they'll also be able to compete in the TNESPL Rookie classes. My plans are to run an equal number of events next season between NESPL and TNESPL, so keeping the power limits pretty close will allow the same competitors to compete in both orgs Rookie classes without having to change out amps.
For the 2009 season nobody in the Stock classes came anywhere close to a 155, TJ was the highest with a 151 and Dave Lenheman with a 152.
Ameteur Classes should be only new comers knowone that ever competed in the past or last season would be allowed in any Ameteur Classes that leave room to grow and will make they want to step up into the stock classes when they get there feet wet just a idea it doesnt mater to me ethier way.

Ameteur Classes should be only new comers knowone that ever competed in the past or last season would be allowed in any Ameteur Classes that leave room to grow and will make they want to step up into the stock classes when they get there feet wet just a idea it doesnt mater to me ethier way.
I think a 2 year grace period for new comers would be good......

Some people compete there first just start learning, but the second season start refining and improving.

Make you ametuer class a 2 year Maximum. Head Judges decision to bump a competitor from Ametuer to Stock:greedy:

Steve, definately make sure that Audio team member aren't allowed in Ameteur Classes.... Wasn't sure if that was in the rules? Hopefully things will work out for 2010.....
I had that in the rules for 2009, but removed that for 2010. I will have to add something about competitors that have earned XX amount of points in any other org or attended XX of SPL comps in NESPL or any other org last season will have to advance to the Stock classes. If I come up with a rule on this what limit should we add for this rule? Say 10 SPL shows and/or 40 points?

I removed the rule for 2010 mainly because the class was originally formed to attract car club members and newbies to the lanes, yet very few car club members actually tried it. A couple car clubs made the exception in 2009 and have transformed more into an SPL club than a car club, so it would be unfair to their other members that will be attempting the Amateur classes next season.

I think a 2 year grace period for new comers would be good......
Some people compete there first just start learning, but the second season start refining and improving.

Make you ametuer class a 2 year Maximum. Head Judges decision to bump a competitor from Ametuer to Stock:greedy:
1 year only no need to be in them 2 years thats why they have stock classes this is for new people not to let people drop down into the class just to win this is what cause most of the problems with not getting new people into the sport they feel like they cant win so they never come back we need to give them a place where they can win right from the start this is what makes people hooked lol.

1 year only no need to be in them 2 years thats why they have stock classes this is for new people not to let people drop down into the class just to win this is what cause most of the problems with not getting new people into the sport they feel like they cant win so they never come back we need to give them a place where they can win right from the start this is what makes people hooked lol.
true, but some people just really get going there second year..... if someone is killing the ametuer class then the judge has the option to bump them to stock.... Just an idea.

the stock class is super competitive.....

any real differences between nespl and tnespl....... was checking them out didn't see and BIG #'s last year???? wasn't sure....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Mic placement, running/off, battery limits?

I like the 1 year idea, but at the same time it isn't fair to some guys that could only make it out to 2 or 3 shows during the season. Thats why I'm thinking of something like a certain # of shows or # of points accrued from any other org. Leaving it up to the head judge as far as who gets bumped up is a good idea too, and I'll probably add that too.

I had that in the rules for 2009, but removed that for 2010. I will have to add something about competitors that have earned XX amount of points in any other org or attended XX of SPL comps in NESPL or any other org last season will have to advance to the Stock classes. If I come up with a rule on this what limit should we add for this rule? Say 10 SPL shows and/or 40 points?
I removed the rule for 2010 mainly because the class was originally formed to attract car club members and newbies to the lanes, yet very few car club members actually tried it. A couple car clubs made the exception in 2009 and have transformed more into an SPL club than a car club, so it would be unfair to their other members that will be attempting the Amateur classes next season.
we know most people that have competed in the past i say 1 year in any org or 5 wins in any org ever that will help alot we want those car clubs in these Ameteur Classes they will be going up againt only new people getting into the sport.

any real differences between nespl and tnespl....... was checking them out did see and BIG #'s last year???? wasn't sure....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
I don't think they have any big differences between our Stock and Super Stock classes and their WooferCooker and Pro classes. One thing different with them is that anyone sponsored has to compete in the WooferCooker Pro classes or the Pro class, including the No-Wall. Their WooferCooker (Stock) classes have a 5K limit, and their Rookie classes have a 2K limit and it's also based on music only, but it's more like out Slammin Bass format cause it's done on 30 seconds of bass music averaged over the entire 30 seconds.

Mic placement, running/off, battery limits?
Mic placement is the same, also done with the Termlab. You can run the vehicle and sit inside if your under 150.0 db's, once you are over that you have to do it from outside. A big thing with them is you have to make 2 runs and your score is averaged by both runs to get your score, eliminates the sandbaggers. Battery limits are different in the Rookie class, but I think they are the same in the WooferCooker, No Wall and Pro classes.

Ok, I made a few changes to the rules page. I added something about subwoofers 8" and larger not being used as mids will be counted. Also, I added a new rule for the Amateurs. Any amateur that has competed in more than 10 SPL comps in the previous season will have to move up to the Stock classes.

Ok, I made a few changes to the rules page. I added something about subwoofers 8" and larger not being used as mids will be counted. Also, I added a new rule for the Amateurs. Any amateur that has competed in more than 10 SPL comps in the previous season will have to move up to the Stock classes.
if say the amateur has run 10 comps in tenspl and the competes in nespl dose that count to nespl or vise versa if there new this year dose the ten comps count. even if there club affialted. no sponcer but in a club what happens with under a 1000 watts am confused

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.