Northeast Region NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
Thanks for pointing that out Nate, thats the kind of input I want to hear. I'll change the way it's written so it only applies to 8" speakers/subs that will be used to reproduce freq below 100 Hz. I know there are systems coming out lately that do use 8" and 10" as mids, we'll just have to come up with a way for the competitor to be able to prove to the event judge that they aren't being used as subs.

Thanks for pointing that out Nate, thats the kind of input I want to hear. I'll change the way it's written so it only applies to 8" speakers/subs that will be used to reproduce freq below 100 Hz. I know there are systems coming out lately that do use 8" and 10" as mids, we'll just have to come up with a way for the competitor to be able to prove to the event judge that they aren't being used as subs.
Good job!

There are ways around it, like having them pull the RCA's from the amp that controls those speakers, just to prove they aren't being used, or like you sad, have them pull the fuse. I think the RCA's might be easier to pull out as long as they aren't hidden.

All speakers 8" or larger will be counted

I'm not liking this. 8s and 10s are becoming popular for mids.
I feel ya. I wanted to upgrade to 8's in the rear deck for some nice midbass but was told it would count as woofers. Oh well...

Amateur 1 should be 1000w 1 battery

Amateur 2 should be 2000w 2 batterys

Amateur 3 should be 5000w 3 batterys

my reasons most people with a daily setup is only 500w to 1000w and only need 1 batterys most only have factory under hood they theres the amps that are rated 2200w to 5000w there are over 20 amps that will fit into this most kids like aq 2200 sundown3000d 3500d 4500s atomic5k ab 500.1 and so on and need 3 batterys to power 5000w i really think most new comers are amateurs and run these setup that alook around this forum is full of them.

Amateur 1 should be 1000w 1 batteryAmateur 2 should be 2000w 2 batterys

Amateur 3 should be 5000w 3 batterys

my reasons most people with a daily setup is only 500w to 1000w and only need 1 batterys most only have factory under hood they theres the amps that are rated 2200w to 5000w there are over 20 amps that will fit into this most kids like aq 2200 sundown3000d 3500d 4500s atomic5k ab 500.1 and so on and need 3 batterys to power 5000w i really think most new comers are amateurs and run these setup that alook around this forum is full of them.
i think that 5000 is a little to much for am classes i ran am 2 this year and 2000 was a good number for am 2 i think 3500 would be good for am 3 and ne thing over would be good for stock classes depending on the stock class setup that should spread the field out. because with 5000w u can hit and will be close to 150's i heard word about a trunk class that would be interesting to see i will be probally be in no wall or super stock this year depending on how pissed i want to get my wife lol but we will have club members in the am classes. am still music only? w no limit on subs?

i think that 5000 is a little to much for am classes i ran am 2 this year and 2000 was a good number for am 2 i think 3500 would be good for am 3 and ne thing over would be good for stock classes depending on the stock class setup that should spread the field out. because with 5000w u can hit and will be close to 150's i heard word about a trunk class that would be interesting to see i will be probally be in no wall or super stock this year depending on how pissed i want to get my wife lol but we will have club members in the am classes. am still music only? w no limit on subs?
thats why 1 and 2 are 2000w under alot of people really have amps that are 3000w to 5000w those are the biggest seller of amps after your 1st amp and can be had used from $300-$800 on these forums theres a dd m3 forsale on here thats a 4000w amp at 1/2ohm for $550 shipped this is what people like using daily the stock classes without limits are closer to 155db but these are all people that have had help or been around a few years.

Not really. My 1st year in USACi, I ran 2 Earthquake D3s for power in the stock classes. This was also my daily.

The Amateur 3 class would be the only one with no limit on sq" for subs, and yes, they will still be a music only class.

5000 watts is a bit much for any of the Amateur classes. Mike has a point, you can pick up some of these for cheap on these forums and some of the other ones too. But, I have yet to see anyone come out and attempt to compete in any Amateur classes with any amp that they couldn't buy at Best Buy or their local retailer. A DD M3 is a great amp, but if you think about it, what rookie is really going to have a clue about the potential of such an amp? The idea of Amateur classes is to keep it more of a level playing field for those that don't know a lot about SPL but want to learn. They have the chance to learn and do some work on their systems playing music with a reasonable amount of power, then if they feel they know enough to take it up a notch, then they can invest in more power, batteries, wiring, HO Alts, etc and jump up to the Stock classes. If there was a limit of 5K in Amateur you would need the 3 batts at least, plus a lot of 0 ga wire and a beefed up Alt. Putting that much of an investment into a system really wouldn't be something an Amateur would be willing to do to be competitive. Gotta keep in mind that Amateurs for the most part are new to any kind of SPL comp and are just coming out with their daily system to see what it hits. Some get surprised how loud they are and want more. If you have a power limit thats too high it'll scare away potential SPL competitors. Not everyone gets hooked on SPL after their 1st show, so you gotta keep it fair so they will come back out for a 2nd show.

steve you can run 5000w on a stock alt and 1 run of wire going to two batterys out back that are hooked up close to the amp i ran both my ab 500.1s last year with 1 run of wire lol and my alt was stock beleave it or not till last year cause the foctory one died lol so i got one thats ex reg guess what it made no differnce in spl numbers lol im just saying that the new guy with a bigger amp doesnt want to be placed into a class with pros doing 155db+ something to look into really its a better idea then you think.

If I allow 3K-5K in the Amateur 3 class then anyone that shows up with that much power will only be able to compete in NESPL events as an Amateur. If they attempt to get into the Rookie classes of TNESPL they'll be in the higher classes. If I keep it at 2K for the Amateur classes then they'll also be able to compete in the TNESPL Rookie classes. My plans are to run an equal number of events next season between NESPL and TNESPL, so keeping the power limits pretty close will allow the same competitors to compete in both orgs Rookie classes without having to change out amps.

For the 2009 season nobody in the Stock classes came anywhere close to a 155, TJ was the highest with a 151 and Dave Lenheman with a 152.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.