Neon wiring help please

What I did was wrap the tips of the speaker wires that go directly into the subwoofer box terminals with the tips of the neon light wires, and then inserted them into their respective + and - terminals on the box. Make sure you're using the + to + ends and - to - ends obviously. Doing it this way creates a circuit that passes 12V from your amp into your sub and also into your neons. And when the bass hits harder (more power to the subs), the neons flash harder (more power to the lights).

If they got fried using the method I just described, you might need to get stronger lights. Especially if they are going to be handling various amounts of power repeatedly.

What I did was wrap the tips of the speaker wires that go directly into the subwoofer box terminals with the tips of the neon light wires, and then inserted them into their respective + and - terminals on the box. Make sure you're using the + to + ends and - to - ends obviously. Doing it this way creates a circuit that passes 12V from your amp into your sub and also into your neons. And when the bass hits harder (more power to the subs), the neons flash harder (more power to the lights).
If they got fried using the method I just described, you might need to get stronger lights. Especially if they are going to be handling various amounts of power repeatedly.
i hope you realize that amps dont put out 12volts, depending on the power of the amp and the ohm load, youll bee seeing 20-50v from the amp.

That's not what I meant, nor do I claim to be an electrical expert. I just mean the 12V current, not the actual power load that gets put out. Either way it's an irrelevant detail, the method I described is how my car is wired and works perfectly. @bigmuscles, if you need more info I can try and be more specific.

Use the remote wire, i know with some dual subs that had this feature and i hooked them up right from the subwoofer and they worked fine but you might have cheaper lights too get some that can handle more voltage And look into the control box brah

That's not what I meant, nor do I claim to be an electrical expert. I just mean the 12V current, not the actual power load that gets put out. Either way it's an irrelevant detail, the method I described is how my car is wired and works perfectly. @bigmuscles, if you need more info I can try and be more specific.
no its not irrelevant, your setup could be low power at a low ohm load which will send a lower voltage out of the amp (in the 20v range) which the lights can take for short bursts but will eventually cook them.

his setup could easily be the same or slightly more power at a higher ohm load which will cause the amp to put out a higher voltage (could easily 50v with a 4 ohm load) which will fry set after set of lights if you keep hooking them up that way.

what is a voltmeter?
Oh jesus.

you do not need to be hooking up stereos or neons or anything.

take some time and read up before you touch another wire.

bcae1.com is a good place to start.

furthermore you could just as easily google "voltmeter" and find a response much faster than it would take someone here to give you a smart *** response

bro... please dont let this come off the wrong way. but, if you dont know what a voltmeter is, i think you seriously need to do ALOT more research on just electronics (principals, design, etc...) before you even try to do any more work on a car. it is so easy to fry EVERYTHING if you dont know what your doing... not trying to be an @ss... just saying... RESEARCH!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.