Needing replacement 6.5's. Need suggestions/ direction.

Thank you for providing knowledge and a viable option to the post. Hertz make nice equipment I know for sure but to suggest a 400+ per driver is ridiculous as its not a realistic option and provide no other affordable options was of great help. Seeing you are running the cdts can I ask how you have them setup. .
HPF 75Hz, 24dB LR

LPF 2.8 kHz, 24dB LR

These have been my fall backs since I decided I was changing. As well as replacing my 8s with the 8mr600's. Specs are impressive price is not bad and they look to be of very good quality built drivers. But never hurts to check every corner. The B2 Audio mids are praised highly and are equally impressive. Non neo is not a must but gives reason for the cheaper price. Waiting on info about the evil to see if its a viable option.

All bs sales aside are the evils a viable option for the neededs I listed above?
The mounting depth is REALLY close. They are not PA drivers like most of the other suggestions, the Evils are higher end SQ mid-bass'.

alphard neo or crescendo UN 6.5s both are pretty loud when i got demos.

The alphard neos 6.5s and super tweet neo 35s are keeping up with 8 deaf bounce 12s on a 12k atm. just one 6.5 on each door and one tweet on each dash.

One thing i have to say, the super tweets dont sound like normal super tweets. THEY ARENT HARSH even with minimal tuning. WTF???? They sound like higher end aluminium domes are silk tweets but a lot louder.
Those mids are 7" which I could use but require 200hz cross or power handling be cut in half.. 100hz 24db is highest I will go. The 35 tweets are 6ohm and 30rms but the 40s are lil better being 65rms an 4ohm. Thoughts?

Down to ssa evils, sundown neo v2's or incriminator audio. Sundown being only pa style in list. Not lacking midbass from current pa style mids. They sound great during kick drumgoo montages. Needing mid that I need not have to worry like I do with current mids as they seem to be on edge once cranked up. Needing peace of mind..

So no issue each at 80hz 24db - 4k full. Roughly 150+ each clean. How's output compared to pa style mids?
I think I just covered this in PM. But either way, those crossover settings will work, maybe some tuning to get them just right in your particular install. Output is still strong, just not blaring PA style.

There is another company i am willing to "possibly" pickup if the US market is interested.

We deal with Eros for mids which is phenominal once you get into the 8s and above but below that, they only offer 1 6.

The other company we have access to makes several 6s this being their best one-

94018f_bc3373939d4447e8b0a9b4be953f72b7~mv2.webp

That is a 500w 6" driver program power on a 2" copper coil, fiberglass former, aluminum basket. They explain while it shares the same coil spec as their 400w 6s, this model uses an enlarged motor with custom internal cooling to accommodate the 500w mark.

Motor spec- 5.28" x 0.6"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.