Needing replacement 6.5's. Need suggestions/ direction.

disturbed471985
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Well coming up on a year and its time for a change. I will be replacing all my Skar neo 6.5's. Seems easy right well not so much. These are must have requirements. 4ohm, no problem.being played from 100hz 24db slope up to 4k without issue. Power well it needs to be capable of handling all i have on tap without signs of fatigue or sounding as if its one click on HU from complete failure. Will always and only get feed clean power but a good amount of it. Lastly 3.1" max depth. Other then that Im interested. Not brand loyal so if it fit drop its model. Just to go ahead an remove them from list Sundown nor DD's offering fit the bill. Great drivers yes put to say power handlers does not describe them. I've see boths limits in person they want last power wise.

No 6.5 will play much past 2k Hertz without issues. Dispersion pattern is all but gone. And the Sundowns or DDs will have no issue with that power. But I'm sure there are better. If you want nice.

HERTZ SV165.1 CAR AUDIO 6.5" SPL SHOW MIDS 400W MIDRANGE 4 OHM SPEAKERS | eBay[/quote

Many lines PRV carries have incredible output past 2k hell one line into the 10k range. Sundown lasted around month then spiders tore on 2 of them. VOs offered nothing in mid hunds an neither did their leads. User error I already hear it zero change other then the addition of more power. Skar zero issues. I did say there names with no.experience with them.

No 6.5 will play much past 2k Hertz without issues. Dispersion pattern is all but gone. And the Sundowns or DDs will have no issue with that power. But I'm sure there are better. If you want nice.

HERTZ SV165.1 CAR AUDIO 6.5" SPL SHOW MIDS 400W MIDRANGE 4 OHM SPEAKERS | eBay[/quote

Many lines PRV carries have incredible output past 2k hell one line into the 10k range. Sundown lasted around month then spiders tore on 2 of them. VOs offered nothing in mid hunds an neither did their leads. User error I already hear it zero change other then the addition of more power. Skar zero issues. I did say there names with no.experience with them.
It's called beaming and it's a real thing. A 6.5 will only hold dispersion till 2500hz. All of them.

Here is my recommendation. I run these on 150W RMS.6.5" Midbass Speakers - Rubyserv
Thank you for providing knowledge and a viable option to the post. Hertz make nice equipment I know for sure but to suggest a 400+ per driver is ridiculous as its not a realistic option and provide no other affordable options was of great help. Seeing you are running the cdts can I ask how you have them setup. A non PA driver never crossed my mind as an option due to most lacking power handling ability. In early years I tried them but had issue with cone separation and on half tje power I have now. PRV is on the short list as has B2 Audios hnp series as probable choice. Nendo was not an option neo or not so other options were needed.

Only option to come to mind was speakers that would be close to a grand?
alphard neo or crescendo UN 6.5s both are pretty loud when i got demos.

The alphard neos 6.5s and super tweet neo 35s are keeping up with 8 deaf bounce 12s on a 12k atm. just one 6.5 on each door and one tweet on each dash.

One thing i have to say, the super tweets dont sound like normal super tweets. THEY ARENT HARSH even with minimal tuning. WTF???? They sound like higher end aluminium domes are silk tweets but a lot louder.

alphard neo or crescendo UN 6.5s both are pretty loud when i got demos.

The alphard neos 6.5s and super tweet neo 35s are keeping up with 8 deaf bounce 12s on a 12k atm.

One thing i have to say, the super tweets dont sound like normal super tweets. THEY ARENT HARSH even with minimal tuning. WTF???? They sound like higher end aluminium domes are silk tweets but a lot louder.
Want run nendo due to personal reasons and nothing they offer IMO is better then what I currently run. Actually talked wth alphard about this when amp was purchased and we both came to the conclusion that they currently don't offer a driver that they felt comfortable saying was superior to current drivers or would work well within the needs driver must meet. But I was assured that they do have plans on producing a driver to rival current offerings. That being said there 200.4 is a beast and is the best 4 channel I have had the privilege to use. Quality, size, crossovers, and power that is outstanding.

Want run nendo due to personal reasons and nothing they offer IMO is better then what I currently run. Actually talked wth alphard about this when amp was purchased and we both came to the conclusion that they currently don't offer a driver that they felt comfortable saying was superior to current drivers or would work well within the needs driver must meet. But I was assured that they do have plans on producing a driver to rival current offerings. That being said there 200.4 is a beast and is the best 4 channel I have had the privilege to use. Quality, size, crossovers, and power that is outstanding.
Only other choice would be these

PRV Audio 6MR500-NDY-4 6-1/2" Neodymium Midrange Woofer 4 Ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.