Needing help

Participant count
  • Participant list

$Devs300$

CarAudio.com Newbie
How's it going I'm havein a problem I believe with my charging system I really hope not but heres a lil info I have 06 Chrysler 300 I'm running 2 sundown SA 10s on @2 omh on askar Rp2000.1d big 3 installed
I'm running on 2 car batteries 1 intimidator and the other is a norstar 220 amg this morning rewired my speakers and all the sudden my voltage meter 13.0s any one know or can explain please and thank you

How were the speakers wired before? 4 Ohm?

How is your Vmeter connected? Direct to battery or connected to the vehicle harness somewhere? (Is it on at all times or does it turn off when you turn the car off?)

Turn the car on - Check voltage at front and rear batteries, then also at your amp with no sound. You should be seeing about 13.8-14.4VDC. If you see less than that, its a good sign that your Alt is dying. (This is common with stock alts on 1000W+ systems) If you see any connection where the voltage drop is more than 0.1-0.2 VDC different than the front battery than you need to check grounds.

After completing the steps above let us know your results and we can guide you from there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.