Needing help on fitment of subs

Participant count
  • Participants list

Bass so loud it HZ

CarAudio.com Regular
I was told yesterday that 4 18 resilient sound plats will not fit in my vehicle in a ported box . Max measurments are 65 deep 30 tall 40.5 wide .if im doing my math right that's around 45 cubes. I'm heavily over powering these subs so was gonna go 4 to 5 cubes. I know ppl even doing 3 to 3.5 with these. I am new to this and this will be my first box so im not saying dude was wrong just confused on why it wouldn't fit ? It may not be practical but I'm only doing this for a short period of time . This is going to be walled but I'm in a pinch to get to slam so just trying to build something real quick. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

.if im doing my math right that's around 45 cubes.
A fair bit less once you figure double layer (at least) of 3/4" wood all around, bracing, and port displacement. Still though probably adequate for that much cone area. I've never tested or modeled those myself but 8-10 cube per isn't out of line for high powered 18" woofer in an efficient box and obviously you can stuff them in as small a box as you like, though eventually at the expense of efficiency and/or low extension.... or so says Hoffman.

Why would you attempt to shoehorn these into too-small airspace just to throw more power at them to get to the same output as just putting them in a sufficiently large box? What sort of "power handling" do you figure you'll gain from less airspace? What is your goal here?

A fair bit less once you figure double layer (at least) of 3/4" wood all around, bracing, and port displacement. Still though probably adequate for that much cone area. I've never tested or modeled those myself but 8-10 cube per isn't out of line for high powered 18" woofer in an efficient box and obviously you can stuff them in as small a box as you like, though eventually at the expense of efficiency and/or low extension.... or so says Hoffman.

Why would you attempt to shoehorn these into too-small airspace just to throw more power at them to get to the same output as just putting them in a sufficiently large box? What sort of "power handling" do you figure you'll gain from less airspace? What is your goal here?
Like I Said I'm new to most of this . All of the team resilient sound guys ar running atleast and 8k per sub .the website say 4 to 6 cubes . But all the guys on the team are saying these subs like smaller enclosures. So im going off what the guys that made and have ran and tested these subs for yrs in different size enclosures. Plus I don't have alot of room. In this vehicle

But my goal is simply just a demo vehicle/ spl . I really just want to be able to take my build to slamology otherwise I would just wait on the wall.i don't feel confident in making a wall myself.

You got plenty of space 30"h x 40.5"w x 65"d even triple baffled, double walled with bracing.
What vehicle is this going in may I ask?

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...