Need Wiring Help on Speakers to Amp to LOC

Participant count
  • Participant list

Qsta

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys, 

I am new to speaker set ups,  amp installation, Line out converter and I have been doing a lot of research however I cant seem to figure out what connects to what. 

Okay, so to start off I have component speakers in the front and coaxial speakers for the rear deck. Just to confirm, the front speakers has a crossover that connects the Tweeters and Speaker to the crossover and the crossover inputs connects to the Metra Harness which connects to the factory radio.

My BIG question is for the Front Component Speakers do I need to make a T-connection from the crossover input (which is apart of the Metra-harness) to my 4 channel AMP or do I just connect the crossover input to the amp? (This question is also related to the rear as well) Because I do want a Line-Out Converter as well and I know that they connect between the AMP and the Factory Radio.

Another BIG question is how does the LOC connect to the AMP? Through a split connection from the Speaker Wires connected to the 4-channel AMP to the LOC, then the LOC connects the factory head unit?

Side notes: 

I also already have a separate AMP for my sub-woofer and understand that it also does connect to the LOC to control the acubass to make up for the speakers output in terms of sound. 

The LOC that I am planning to get is LC2i, if there is any other recommendation, please let me know, I want to learn more about car audio and speaker set-ups, Thank you.

First - you cannot "t-tap" the factory wiring to add an amplifier.  You cannot connect the outputs of two amplifiers together (under most circumstances).    In order to interact the signal from a factory radio, you have to cut the factory speaker wires and redirect them.  Signal path starts at the head unit and has speaker wires to the LOC.  The LOC has RCA to the amplifiers.  The amplifiers have speaker wires to the crossovers then to the speakers. 

It may help you to draw a diagram.  The manuals for the LC2i should help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.